Community > Posts By > GreenTeaGuy

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 02:54 PM

Happiness is something that is found within each of us. I believe that if you cannot find your internal place of happiness no external source of pleasure or psuedo happiness will ever be a substitute for true happiness.

I think Abraham Lincoln said it quite simply and quite well: "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."

The state of being in love can surely enhance someone's feelings of happiness and well being.

Regardless of whether I am in love or not, and regardless of whether or not there are things in my daily life that I am unhappy with, I just cannot conceive of not waking each day and deciding to be as happy as I can be each and every day of my life regardless of whomever crosses my path.

I agree with your last paragraph. But some days it's harder to decide to be happy then it is on other days.
I would rather not have to work so hard to be happy. :smile:

That was a nice response you gave. flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 02:51 PM

What???? ta can't be.....Both???

Sure it can and we all hope it is but that's not the question.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 02:51 PM

I'll stick with being emotionally stable. Then Love and Happiness go hand in hand.

You would hope so but they it's not necessarily true. Many people are in love with their spouse yet live miserable lives. How many couples have you heard of that have gotten divorced even though they loved each other? They got divorced because the strain of life put too much pressure on their marriage.

This is what's happening to a friend of mine. Her marriage is in trouble due to some problems not dealing with the directly with her husband. The strain is too much even though she truly loves her husband.

The whole thing got me to thinking. Am I better off happily unmarried or unhappily married but in love?

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:57 AM
Sex only for the one you love. :smile:

Lucky for me I can love all women

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:46 AM

I'm in love....but I am unhappy with some aspects of my life...I'm also getting divorced from the one I DON'T love any more and ISN'T my friend any more.....

So I guess that's a partial answer...

The one I love is my best friend...I am happy and unhappy at the same time...maybe that doesn't count because we are not married...

It counts. I've been both happy and unhappy. I know how it feels. I wish you the best with your new best friend and lover. I hope to find what you have for myself one day.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:18 AM

You know what I think is funny??? that you even ask this question???? Because.........here is my thoughts.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\

When I viewed your profile I didnt know who you were either so in my mind you A) wanna fukc them over or B) you wanna fukc them over!!!laugh

Then ask in the email... before wanting to chat... is all I am saying... or maybe it doesnt matter to you... but I am looking for someone who... is taking the time to single me out... why so hostel... with F word so early in the day... ??? It does matter to me that the dont ask first & I hope it doesnt offend them that it upsets me... but it does.

Ignore her. She's like this to everyone. She spends most of her time here talking to herself in her own little thread.

Watch and I'll show you how to ignore her.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:14 AM

I probably should but I figure that I am in almost all of the pics myself & in the one of just myself & change them periodically... and think that being attracted to both of us but not caring which one they are talking to is two completely different subjects... lol... maybe it is just me... but it does mean alot when I get an email & they dont care which one I am & just want to chat.

Maybe they don't care what you look like and they just want you for your witty banter and charming personality.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:09 AM

I truly believe that you have to have both to be truly happy. flowerforyou flowerforyou

I wonder. I am very happy with my life and I'm not in love. I would be much happier if I were in love but that doesn't diminish my happiness now.

I am truly happy. I would just like to be truly happIER.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:07 AM
Men want to talk to pretty women. Both the women in your picture are pretty. Most men wouldn't care which one they were chatting with.

I'm curious why you don't have more pictures of just you so there would be no confusion.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:02 AM

If I was happy........then I would be in love..........

That's cheating. laugh

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:02 AM

I would rather be in love because if your in love all the rest doesn't count and happiness will find you.

But sometimes it doesn't. Bad luck doesn't care about love.

I guess some would say being in love is the greatest happiness one can have and it can overcome all bad things. I'd like to find out for myself one day.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:56 AM
Edited by GreenTeaGuy on Tue 12/09/08 04:57 AM

Most people would want both, but I am guessing that if they had to choose, they would choose love.

I think I would rather be happy. Although I'm not really sure. I am happy with my life now although I am not currently in love with anyone. I was but she married another long ago.

The woman I once loved is unhappy due to some bad things that have happened in her life. None of these things dealt with her husband. Her and her husband still truly love each other.

Funny thing is, she told me I was the lucky one.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:49 AM

Wownoway noway noway noway huh huh huh huh and BTW....not a dude....and you are mean:angry:

I politely wished for you to live happily ever after in your other thread. All I did here was ask you to either contribute to the thread or move on. Please look back and you'll see you were the first to throw an insult.

Do you have anything to contribute to the OP or are you just here to insult me as you have done twice already in this thread?

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:46 AM

flowerforyou I would want both, but if I had to choose I would want to be in love and unhappy with my life.

Thank you for your response. I'm curious in how much people really value love.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:35 AM

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....if you could not be happy in being married there would be no pointnoway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway

Maybe you're married but you've lost your job and home and your kids are sick. Thus you are unhappy. Not with your married partner with whom you are in love with but you are unhappy with your life.
Dude....I think you need some serious sleep.noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway

Dude....it's a post and a question I'm interested in. If you have nothing to contribute then move on.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:32 AM

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....if you could not be happy in being married there would be no pointnoway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway

Maybe you're married but you've lost your job and home and your kids are sick. Thus you are unhappy. Not with your married partner with whom you are in love with but you are unhappy with your life.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:18 AM
Edited by GreenTeaGuy on Tue 12/09/08 04:34 AM
Some married couples are in love with each other but are unhappy with their life for whatever reason.

Some married couples do not really love each other but they are very happy with their life.

If you couldn't have both which would you take?

Married to the one you love but with an otherwise unhappy life.

Married to someone you are friends with but do not love but otherwise you have a wonderfully happy life.

When I say unhappy, I don't mean with your spouse, I mean with your life otherwise. Maybe you've lost your job and home or something else bad has happened.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:10 AM
Edited by GreenTeaGuy on Tue 12/09/08 04:51 AM
I take back this post due to your nasty behavior towards me in another thread.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:02 AM
I thought women did rule the world.
I certainly can't live without them.

no photo
Tue 12/09/08 03:50 AM
It's a beautiful sight during Christmas. I wouldn't mind my backyard looking like that on Dec 25th