Community > Posts By > DiscoInferno

DiscoInferno's photo
Fri 11/28/08 10:56 PM
I just joined here today, and my answer is YES, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord, on August 18, 1974. And, like "Cowgirlstomp", it opened up a whole new spiritual world to me. My life was permanently transformed.

The screen name "Testosticross" is a combination of "testosterone", the primary male hormone (for sex drive and also required for good health), and "cross", which in a Christian context means to slowly and painfully die.

It is eerily similar to mine, "DiscoInferno". Most Christian singles experience this struggle to avoid all sex until marriage, to a greater or lesser extent. In a few cases, this struggle can become severe enough to threaten or even cause real harm, to self or even others. If and when this occurs, a possible exception to any specific rule is arguable, if circumstances are such that the general commandment to 'love others as self' overrules a specific rule.

Jesus' interpretation of the Sabbath is an example of this principle. (Remember, this issue rises to the Constitutional level, being one of the ten commandments, in both the new and old covenant versions.)