Community > Posts By > GroovyMimi

GroovyMimi's photo
Wed 07/29/09 11:57 PM

I have many Jewish friends (not Israeli, but Jewish heritage) also black friends, American Indians, as well as I've met Indian from India, hispanic, orientals, French, German, English, Australian, Canadian, Alaskan, Hawaiian and yes...even a few from Alabama! LMAO!!!

I really wish we ALL could and would work on making racism and treating others with indifference something that ceases to exist in our vocabulary! Man! That would be SO awesome! Don't think I'll see it in this lifetime, though. :(

Thanks again!

Now, hold on theah, liddle lady! I'm from 'Bama, 'an I knew I recognized you from some wheah!

Is that YOU, cousin BLU??? rofl

Sorry, blu...I couldn't resist! I just picked Bama on a whim! My mom was from AR-KEN-SAW!!! I have relatives there and in BAMA I've never met!!! We really could be related! Go Bama Roll Tide!

GroovyMimi's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:30 PM
Edited by GroovyMimi on Mon 07/27/09 07:32 PM
OP, I know you said he's already broken up with her, so this doesn't really matter that much. But, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth. waving

I'm 55, I have men who have been anywhere from 23 up to 45 contact me! I KNOW!!! surprised I don't understand it either! I think, WTH could they POSSIBLY see in me! I seriously don't get it, but I usually am nice and tell them, thanks, but no thanks. The ones who are what I consider close to my son's age I say, "NO WAY I could EVER date anyone close to my son's age!" He's 31. I wouldn't date anyone under 50 for a serious relationship.

Do you know if he pursued her, or visa versa? Just curious.

I will tell you, though that I dated a 42 year old (for about 8 months). Right after my ex & I split & it was wonderful for my self esteem (he said it was for him, too). surprised I broke it off with him, because I couldn't see it ever going anywhere, I'm not getting any younger and I was seriously looking for a committed long term relationship (which I am currently in); but I have to tell ya...the passion was phenomenal and we're still friends (he's in a committed relationship, too) we don't see each other but talk occasionally and both of our significant others know that we do, as well.

Would I do it again NOW? Hmmmm...probably not, because I'm back to me and really happy with my life (was before I met my new man). It sure was the boost I needed at the time & if you asked me if I'd go BACK to when he first contacted me & do it all over again - HELL YES! I'm not stupid!!! rofl

Would I kill a woman who was 22 years older than my son (when he was 22) if SHE pursued him? HELL YES! Not really, but I'd dayum sure want to! If HE persued her? No. He's a big boy and can make his own decisions, & I've learned that if you say "no" to your children that just makes them want to do the exact opposite, anyway! I used "reverse psychology" on him when he was 16, I'm sure I'd do it again if that happened. I'd just be in LOVE with her, tell him she was fantastic, and probably even say something about wanting her to be my best friend (NOT!)! LMAO!!! Plus, he's intelligent. I know he would have made the right decision eventually....just like your son did! happy Great job on raising him, mom! flowerforyou

GroovyMimi's photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:00 PM
Kudos to you Dan99! Fantastic thread!

My Mom raised me by saying we're all different colors on the outside, "but God made us all the same color on the inside, we all bleed the same color, our hearts are the same color, in God's eyes we are all the same." My Daddy; however, was raised by a very prejudiced man and was quite prejudiced himself. If it had not been for my mom I would be very biased. Don't think I ever would have been racist...but had she not been in my life (as well as my older sisters) then I would be a very different person.

I've come in contact with every nationality you could possibly think of, known to man. With the exception of rare tribesmen, and others as such. I have many Jewish friends (not Israeli, but Jewish heritage) also black friends, American Indians, as well as I've met Indian from India, hispanic, orientals, French, German, English, Australian, Canadian, Alaskan, Hawaiian and yes...even a few from Alabama! LMAO!!!

I really wish we ALL could and would work on making racism and treating others with indifference something that ceases to exist in our vocabulary! Man! That would be SO awesome! Don't think I'll see it in this lifetime, though. :(

Thanks again!