Community > Posts By > TheOnceGreat

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 02:26 PM

BTW how was your golf game :)

Tuesday is my day off from golf. The women's leagues play on Tuesdays so I get some chores done both here and over at my mother's. Also fixed a computer for a neighbor earlier today.smokin

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 02:22 PM
Good afternoon all happy happy happy

BTW, that bobcat weighs somewhere near 50 pounds. Big enough to take a small to medium size dog. They go after the doves in the fruit trees, that's what this one was looking at when I took the pictures.

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 06:49 AM
Time to head out to start the day. See ya'll later. waving waving waving

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 06:45 AM

Got to watch the pets out at night around those coyote's

The park just put out a warning flyer to that effect last week. The other visitors that will be coming through soon are the javalinas (wild pigs). They like to use the arroyos to travel through and are very near sighted, so attack anything they see in their path.

I would have to find another place to walk my dog!!

Sounds kind of scary doesn't it?

Most of the animals are back up in the hills by daylight. I did take this pic of a bobcat early in the morning last year.

Such a beautiful animal to instill fear in someonefrown

They really don't bother humans too much, they will go after small dogs and neighborhood cats though. I watched one stalking the rabbits on the golf course one evening, was facsinating too see. smile2

laugh A manicured grocery store.

The rabbits weren't too happy about it. laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 06:43 AM

Not quite daylight here yet and just had a visitor in my front yard. One of the neighborhood bobcats! Second sighting in the last week. When the rabbit population grows, the bobcats come down out of the hills and prowl around. Lots of coyotes lately too. Missed my chance for a great pic a while back. We have a desert area put aside for people to walk their dogs. There are a couple of signs put up to tell people about where the area starts and ends. I drove by the other day, and right under one of the signs was a coyote squatting, doing his business. Smart coyote laugh laugh

hahaha, now the dogs won't want to go to the area, and owners will wonder why they have to fight with the dogs to get them to enter by the sign!

It's funny to see the people going out to the dog walking area. There is no dog walking allowed on the streets so they take their dogs out to the area in their golf carts.!!

that is hilarious!

What a great idea, I need a golf cart

I do everything in mine. I have gone upwards of 2 weeks without using my car. happy

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 06:42 AM

The park just put out a warning flyer to that effect last week. The other visitors that will be coming through soon are the javalinas (wild pigs). They like to use the arroyos to travel through and are very near sighted, so attack anything they see in their path.

Most of the animals are back up in the hills by daylight. I did take this pic of a bobcat early in the morning last year.

Such a beautiful animal to instill fear in someonefrown

They really don't bother humans too much, they will go after small dogs and neighborhood cats though. I watched one stalking the rabbits on the golf course one evening, was facsinating too see. smile2

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 06:39 AM

Good morning July how is the Back still working?

morning once, carold, and synergized. My back is better but still not 100%. I had enough pain last night that I had to take a muscle relaxer and pain pill. I am still working on light duty and going to PT. How are you doing?

I know the back pain is awful, but the combination of pain pill and muscle relaxer sounds like a nice cocktail, just add a little wine.

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 06:35 AM

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 06:32 AM

Not quite daylight here yet and just had a visitor in my front yard. One of the neighborhood bobcats! Second sighting in the last week. When the rabbit population grows, the bobcats come down out of the hills and prowl around. Lots of coyotes lately too. Missed my chance for a great pic a while back. We have a desert area put aside for people to walk their dogs. There are a couple of signs put up to tell people about where the area starts and ends. I drove by the other day, and right under one of the signs was a coyote squatting, doing his business. Smart coyote laugh laugh

hahaha, now the dogs won't want to go to the area, and owners will wonder why they have to fight with the dogs to get them to enter by the sign!

It's funny to see the people going out to the dog walking area. There is no dog walking allowed on the streets so they take their dogs out to the area in their golf carts.!!

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 06:28 AM

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 06:21 AM

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 05:31 AM
Good morning all.

no photo
Tue 03/10/09 05:30 AM

Hi everyone. I'm t and I'm new to the site. Will be 50 march 20th and am so excited! Have never felt sexier in my life! Come say hello and b friends ok!

Welcome to the 50 and over club. Lot's of great people in here, but don't hang out with BettyB too much, she's a bad influence.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:29 PM

Oh that is so nice that she could do that plus 10 extra bucks never hurts :)

The bragging rights are more important than the 10 bucks. Of course I'm not one to rub it in after I win. laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:25 PM
Carold, any more dates? You can tell me all the juicy details, nobody else will know.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:14 PM
Edited by TheOnceGreat on Mon 03/09/09 07:15 PM

Good evening Bill how was your day :)

Not bad, the lady I help take care of walked with a walker from her living room down the hall, she was so excited I had to keep telling her to calm down so she wouldn't fall. She had her stroke last August, I've been working with her slowly for this moment. It been fun to see her progress. After that I won 10 dollars on the golf course, so..... all in all a very good day. :banana: :banana: :banana:

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:05 PM
Good evening all, drinker drinker

My prayers go out for your brother, Tim. flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:03 PM
Don't feel foolish, just join lot's of other people. I have been repairing/teaching computers since 1993 and have seen it all. I've been called to houses because the mouse didn't work. Found that the mouse and keyboard cord were plugged in backwards. Went to a business because the monitor didn't work. Turned on the separate surge protector that it was plugged into. My favorite was an 83 year old man who called me first thing on a Saturday morning in a panic. "Bill, you need to come over here NOW". Seems the night before he had been looking a some dirty pictures on the internet, clicked the wrong mouse button and made a wonderfully naked blonde woman the background on his desktop. He had his grandchildren coming over and they liked to play on his computer, so he paid the full hourly rate for me use 3 mouse clicks to remove the blonde and restore the mountain scene he usually had on his desktop. laugh laugh

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 05:40 AM
Edited by TheOnceGreat on Mon 03/09/09 05:42 AM
Hope you can get it over soon, HG.

Tell Invisible that I fix computers cheap,(in between rounds of golf)and we miss her.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 05:34 AM
Good Morning Flame, HG, Carol, Choclab and anybody else that may be lurking this morning.

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25