Community > Posts By > TheOnceGreat

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 07:05 PM
Well, I'm calling it a night. See you all on the flip side.

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:55 PM
Edited by TheOnceGreat on Fri 02/27/09 06:56 PM

Hey Bill
are there any rich ,single old Canadian men there?

Probably a few, but considering that married men usually die first (that's by choice laugh ) there are more rich single old Canadian women here. I'm in the market for one myself. laugh devil devil

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:49 PM

well, i think i'm going to go take some pain med for this knee then go to sleep. Have a good night. See u in the am.

Good night

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:48 PM

I don't think my kids will be around by the time I can retire. My son is already in Arizona. I don't expect him to ever move back east. My daughter is such the world traveler, she could end up any place. I already have plans for my retirement. I could start up a private music studio. Seems to be a pretty good demand for good piano teachers in my area. Could always go back to the church gig too. Just don't plan on making a lot of money in my retirement. I want to be able to travel.

I bet there is a demand for good piano teachers everywhere. You could go where you want. Being a home-health aide and computer repair technician let's me work where ever and when ever I want. My resume says that either I can do a lot of different things, or I can't hold a job. ohwell

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:45 PM

Trust me after a winter like this it is very tempting!

There are over 250 people in the Canadian Club here. Most of them just spend the winter here, then go back in May.

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:39 PM

Thats sounds really nice.My daughter always says she wants to move to Arizona.
I tell her she doesn't have to stay here the rest of her life just the rest of minelaugh laugh laugh laugh

Both of you come on out. Leave the snow shovel behind. laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:38 PM

Thats sounds really nice.My daughter always says she wants to move to Arizona.
I tell her she doesn't have to stay here the rest of her life just the rest of minelaugh laugh laugh laugh

I moved from Colorado to Cape Cod in 1978, my mother moved to AZ in 1979, we only saw each other for a week or 2 a year for all those years. It was frustrating at times to be so far away. frustrated

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:29 PM

Has the econmy affected the numbers of people golfing?

Not out here. The golf course is owned by our Home-Owner Association, so we play for free. (not counting the side bets.)laugh

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:28 PM

Must be nice not having to work. I'm still looking forward to that day. Seems to be farther away each week. Hope this economy turns around soon.

About 6 years ago my brother and stepfather died 5 months apart. That left only me to help take care of my mother. She is in pretty good health, but I was on Cape Cod and she was here in AZ. I started making plans to make the move out here, got my finances in order, sold my business and paid cash for my house here. Now I can spend more time with my mother than I have since I was 17, and I don't have to work very much to pay the bills and put food on the table. I was lucky enough to do this before the economy tanked. If I were to start now, I probably couldn't do it.

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:25 PM

If you don't need to work ...why would you? Sounds like you keep busy and active.

I tell people that I'm "semi-retired". I only work when I can't get a foursome for the golf course.happy

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:16 PM
I'm good, been a busy week. Mom had a couple of Dr's appointments, spent yesterday at the golf tournament. Playing in a tournament myself tomorrow. Maybe I should find a job so I can get some rest.laugh laugh

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:08 PM
Good evening all happy happy happy

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:07 PM
69 degrees at 7pm. Will get to 87 tomorrow. Another day in shorts :banana: :banana: :banana:

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 02:13 PM

I'm Scorpio, too, Teresa!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

waving waving waving
Scorpio Too :)

Me too :banana: :banana: :banana:

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 06:02 AM

Good morning HG. How are ya? What a day yesterday, went to the Golf Tournament, watched Tiger and Phil. Perfect weather, and, as it turned out, the perfect day to go, because Tiger lost and won't be there the rest of the week. happy happy

laugh Sounds pretty catty for a dawg!

Gotta watch out for those cats, tigers etc. They are tough!!

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 04:31 AM

Good morning HG, OG and Music, not much time this morning, Getting my oil changed in the car...rainy and windy here flowerforyou

Good morning, MsSilver drinker drinker

Gotta take car of the car, so it will take care of you. happy

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 04:24 AM

Good morning HG. How are ya? What a day yesterday, went to the Golf Tournament, watched Tiger and Phil. Perfect weather, and, as it turned out, the perfect day to go, because Tiger lost and won't be there the rest of the week. happy happy
Wow, that sounds like fun.

Yeah, it was. 80 degree weather, no rowdies to ruin it for the rest of us and watching those guys play makes me realize just how GOOD they are. They hit the ball a country mile and make shots that I wouldn't even think of trying. ohwell

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 04:13 AM

TGIF HG and OG. Seems like such a long time since last Friday. Much is different about this weekend compared to last. Sage is home, kitchen is gone, knee is sort of working after my fall. Guess I need a quiet weekend.

Glad you didn't do major damage to your knee. flowerforyou flowerforyou

How long until the kitchen is finished?

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 03:53 AM

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 03:41 AM