Community > Posts By > Daybrightener

Daybrightener's photo
Wed 12/03/08 09:03 PM
here he is posting again with something that may not be even be tasty to him!! i dont get it..

I make this dressing every holiday for our family.

Now share a recipe Buttons...

Daybrightener's photo
Wed 12/03/08 08:47 PM
LEsbian

Daybrightener's photo
Wed 12/03/08 08:19 PM
Ox

Daybrightener's photo
Wed 12/03/08 05:14 PM
Edited by Daybrightener on Wed 12/03/08 05:15 PM
Ramen

Daybrightener's photo
Wed 12/03/08 05:07 PM
Edited by Daybrightener on Wed 12/03/08 05:07 PM
Character is more important, If I like you it's because I admire who you are, not how much you make.

So he has great character or you wouldnt be with him.

Does he ever in any way show you that he thinks of you?

What does he do on the special days?

Daybrightener's photo
Wed 12/03/08 04:54 PM
Edited by Daybrightener on Wed 12/03/08 04:58 PM
Buttermilk Cornbread Dressing:

2 10-12" Buttermilk Cornbreads
1 onion
2 celery stalks
1/2 to 1 bell pepper (can leave out if you wish)
8 cups of chicken broth
5 slices of bread
6-8 eggs (2 go in the cornbread)
2-6 chicken thighs (deboned and cut into pieces)(optional)
4 cups buttermilk
3 cups of self-rising white corn meal
salt
pepper
poultry seasoning
sage
6 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
a large roasting pan

Directions:

(overnite) Salt and pepper and cook chicken thighs in a large crock pot on low. Save the broth. (If you want to use store bought broth it's fine. One 15 oz can is almost two cups.)

Boil the eggs.

Make cornbread:

Preheat oven to 425.
Mix 2 cups of buttermilk with 1 1/2 cups of the corn meal, salt, pepper, and 1 egg. Heat a 10-12" skillet with 3 tablespoons of oil. When oil is hot (hot not lukewarm) pour the mix into the skillet (the hot oil is what makes the dark crust). When you see a few bubbles rise remove from heat and place in the oven.

If you have two skillets make two of these if not you will have to wait to reuse the skillet or cut the recipe in half.

When the cornbread is starting to brown on the top take out of the oven, remove from skillet (if you use a bit of non stick spray it should just fall out when inverted), and allow to cool.

Turn the oven down to 350.

Chop the onions, celery, bell pepper very small. If you cant chop them small you may have to saute or sweat them with a bit of butter so they will cook.

Chop up the eggs (some like larger or smaller egg bits so it's your choice fine or coarse).

Debone and cut up the chicken discarding (or eating) the skin.

Crumble the bread into the roasting pan.

Crumble the cornbread into the roasting pan when cool.

Add the eggs, onions, bell pepper, celery, and chicken.

Stir

Add 4 cups of chicken broth and stir. Let sit 30 min to soak up the juice. Add the remaing chicken broth. Stir.

Add salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and sage. Stir well. Taste the dressing. Do not over season. A person can always add more seasoning but it's quite hard to remove it (too much sage will make the dressing bitter).

When you have it seasoned to taste place it in the oven for about 1 hour. It should be browning on top when done.

Daybrightener's photo
Wed 12/03/08 03:27 PM
I read a book in my early teens about hunting called "Hunting for the Pot and Fishing for the Pan". I still remember lessons taught in that book. Namely that you should never ever kill an animal unless you plan to eat it at some point. A very good lesson for any youth learning to hunt/fish.

Daybrightener's photo
Wed 12/03/08 03:24 PM
Dang dude .. You must have a lot of affectionate-LESS dates with only 3 cuddly moments & 5 kisses out of 43 dates

20 of those dates were emails
13 were phone calls
2 were a meet and greet
8 were cuddle/kiss dates

Daybrightener's photo
Wed 12/03/08 03:09 PM
Is he financially able to do the romantic things you want?

Daybrightener's photo
Wed 12/03/08 07:09 AM
go to work

Daybrightener's photo
Wed 12/03/08 07:07 AM
Once

Daybrightener's photo
Tue 12/02/08 08:19 PM
broke my parole to have a good time

How did you break your parole FireofthePhoenix?

Tullahoma Springwater

Sounds like a drink from deep in Mississippi or Louisianna.

Daybrightener's photo
Tue 12/02/08 08:16 PM
<--- is a hunter.

I even went to the doctor to get glasses so I could see how to shoot better.

I like squirrel hunting.

As for the guy that liked to goto the grocery store for snapper it is hunting cause if you catch it you inevitably impale it.

Daybrightener's photo
Tue 12/02/08 07:43 PM
I think I'm the only person in the east/southeast that posts in Arkansas.

Hello fellow Arkansans.

Good to *meet* you.

Daybrightener's photo
Tue 12/02/08 07:24 PM
Ok I'm emailing with a lovely lady who contacted me and she goes and gives me the best compliment ever.

She says...

To be completely honest with you out of all the guys I have talked to since I have been single (4 years) you are by far the best sounding.

I saw the Rules of the First Date post but what are the rules for emails and phone conversations?

Daybrightener's photo
Tue 12/02/08 07:18 PM
lysol

*was going for lyrics but who wants a cs word*

Daybrightener's photo
Tue 12/02/08 07:16 PM
happy

Daybrightener's photo
Tue 12/02/08 07:15 PM
Miller Ponies

Daybrightener's photo
Tue 12/02/08 07:13 PM
Edited by Daybrightener on Tue 12/02/08 07:14 PM
Emeril's Smothered Pork Chops over Rice

8 thinly cut (about 1/2-inch thick) pork chops (about 3 pounds total)
salt/pepper and season to your taste
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups thinly sliced onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
4 bay leaves
3 1/2 cups chicken stock
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
1 pound smoked sausage or andouille, cut crosswise into 1-inch slices
1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
Steamed white rice

Directions

Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy pot or Dutch oven over high heat. Add the (seasoned) pork chops, 3 or 4 at a time, and lightly brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the pork chops and transfer to a platter. Set aside.

Reduce the heat to medium. Add the flour and stir constantly until the roux is the color of peanut butter, about 4 minutes. Add the onions, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onions are slightly soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, bay leaves, chicken stock, and water and bring to a boil. Return the pork chops to the pot. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes. Add the smoked sausage and the potatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Remove the bay leaves.

Remove from the heat. Serve with either steamed white rice.

I made this and it lasted for 4 days. It took forever for me to finish it off so you may want to stick some of it in the freezer.

Also it calls for the pork chops to be seasoned with Emeril's seasoning but I dont like his mix so I just used salt and pepper and maybe a lil garlic powder.

Daybrightener's photo
Sun 11/30/08 08:06 PM
Passionfruit Vodka and Orange Juice

Premise:

Share your current favorite drink or share an intimate moment you've had.