I_need_a_smoke_break's photo
Sun 11/16/08 05:48 PM

well....what I really was referring to was the kind:

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Ah so as in the prettiest?

Sun 11/16/08 05:40 PM

I'm not sure I'm following the whole '"fairer sex"' topic...

The fairer sex refers to females in a kind way.

Us guys are pretty crass aren't we?? So women have been referred to as the fairer sex in the past.

I wouldn't say either sex is 'fair'. People have completely different ideas as to what is fair and what is not fair so it's hard to say who is more fair than the other.
Females tend to be more compassionate towards other needs yes, but men can be that way too. Men tend to feel the need to protect others as oppose to showing affection, but in a sense it's the same thing.
So as to what is fair....Both sexes tend to do what they believe is fair.

Sun 11/16/08 05:38 PM

aww baby, i got a somke you can borrow.
menthol or regular?

Either. I'm not picky.
I don't smoke much so I find it more useful to just not be picky and usually get whatever is on sale and share with my more regular smoker friends.

Sun 11/16/08 05:31 PM

I'm really bad with this stuff, so all I can say is...

Use google:

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-over-a-Guy

http://www.wikihow.com/Forget-About-Someone-Important

I like google but I don't think I'm willing to try and put my life in the cyber hands of it. XD

Sun 11/16/08 05:31 PM

I have never really had much experience in the dating field..Had my first relationship only two years ago, and only two in those two years. Both were short and both have taken me awhile to get over the guy.
It's been three months since me and my last boyfriend and I broke up; I was so happy with him and hadn't felt that way for a long time so he suddenly ended it, giving me only excuses why he didn't want a relationship but not any solutions, it hurt so much. He didn't try to fix our problem..he just ran from it, leaving me with a 'I really care about you but I just can't handle a relationship right now'. We have tried being friends since then but it makes things so much harder for me to deal with and to get over him, but I feel so empty when I don't get to see him, even as a friend...then this weekend, when a group of us decided to get together, he brought along his new date and it just torn me apart to see them together.
I know in my head that things have been over between us for quite some time but I just can't seem to get rid of all the butterflies in my stomach and the longing for his company.
What do I do to finally move on?

Find someone else for yourself. I know that is short and sweet, but it will take your mind off things. Other than that, it'll just take time while you go through the grieving process you seem to be in. I'm sorry you're having to do it, because I've been there too.

I keep trying to find someone new..but it feels so hard because I only compare them to him and none of them are an exact replica of him. It sounds silly but I suppose it's true. I just have always had a hard time finding someone that it is hard to let go or to find someone new.

I fully understand what you're talking about. I used to do that too. You'll never find anyone exactly, but I'm sure you can find someone with closely the same things. You don't want anyone JUST like him though!! HE blew you off remember?? You want someone totally different than him. Just look for the good parts in someone else and leave the bad parts for him to keep!!

Haha yeah. Leave the bad parts for his newest date. XD
It just seems so hard for someone my age to actually find someone new. Or at least find someone new that's honest about themselves.

Well....that's true I suppose. I know LOTS of young people cause I guess they like me. I try to talk to them about some of their behavior towards the "fairer sex" but it really hasn't hit home for them yet. They tease me that They are "getting" it and I'm not!! But I'm happier with my behavior even though that may be true.

But the boys are out there that are honorable, and kind, and a gentleman, so keep looking and when you least expect it.....it'll happen.

Yeah that's kind of what happened with this last guy. I had just stopped looking for someone and finally let go of the past and was willing to just wait for them to come to me when I found him. Didn't seem to work out too well though...

I'm not sure I'm following the whole '"fairer sex"' topic...

Sun 11/16/08 05:18 PM

What the others are trying to say is that to move past the last guy you have to get out there and do something for you. Not nessasaraly (sp?)to find a new guy, but to find the strength to move on. Paint, quilt, (i know old fashioned) take a class in photography, do something for you. Good luck.

I try to focus on other things like work, school, getting ready for the holidays, it's just...Hard. I mean, I know I have done it before but it took what felt like an eternity and I'm honestly not sure if I really want to wait that long again.

Sun 11/16/08 05:17 PM

I have never really had much experience in the dating field..Had my first relationship only two years ago, and only two in those two years. Both were short and both have taken me awhile to get over the guy.
It's been three months since me and my last boyfriend and I broke up; I was so happy with him and hadn't felt that way for a long time so he suddenly ended it, giving me only excuses why he didn't want a relationship but not any solutions, it hurt so much. He didn't try to fix our problem..he just ran from it, leaving me with a 'I really care about you but I just can't handle a relationship right now'. We have tried being friends since then but it makes things so much harder for me to deal with and to get over him, but I feel so empty when I don't get to see him, even as a friend...then this weekend, when a group of us decided to get together, he brought along his new date and it just torn me apart to see them together.
I know in my head that things have been over between us for quite some time but I just can't seem to get rid of all the butterflies in my stomach and the longing for his company.

Find someone else for yourself. I know that is short and sweet, but it will take your mind off things. Other than that, it'll just take time while you go through the grieving process you seem to be in. I'm sorry you're having to do it, because I've been there too.

I keep trying to find someone new..but it feels so hard because I only compare them to him and none of them are an exact replica of him. It sounds silly but I suppose it's true. I just have always had a hard time finding someone that it is hard to let go or to find someone new.

I fully understand what you're talking about. I used to do that too. You'll never find anyone exactly, but I'm sure you can find someone with closely the same things. You don't want anyone JUST like him though!! HE blew you off remember?? You want someone totally different than him. Just look for the good parts in someone else and leave the bad parts for him to keep!!

Haha yeah. Leave the bad parts for his newest date. XD
It just seems so hard for someone my age to actually find someone new. Or at least find someone new that's honest about themselves.

Sun 11/16/08 05:13 PM

close youe eyes...and learn from whatever your moving on from.
open your eyes...and go outside.

Not to sound like a smart alleck but it's kinda cold outside where I am so that doesn't sound like a great option.

lmao...well its cold as crap where i am too..

lets jsut take a smoke break?
with scarves and mittens!

Lol
Sounds pretty good. Don't got nothing to smoke though.
Someone jacked all the money I had left for the week.

Sun 11/16/08 04:59 PM

close youe eyes...and learn from whatever your moving on from.
open your eyes...and go outside.

Not to sound like a smart alleck but it's kinda cold outside where I am so that doesn't sound like a great option.

Sun 11/16/08 04:57 PM

Sun 11/16/08 04:48 PM

1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next