Community > Posts By > TomLine

TomLine's photo
Sun 12/22/13 06:27 PM

It depends on how you define truth. It is historically inaccurate and clumsily edited; poorly repeating older stories, often doing so word for word and rife with contradiction. My old Theology professor used to say that people who respect the Bible, never actually read it. That being said, it depends on how you define truth.

Are you saying the Bible is historically inaccurate?

TomLine's photo
Sun 12/22/13 12:07 AM
I hear it often, "Keep Christ in Christmas." But why? If Christianity is based on Scripture, and I believe it is, then Christ never put himself in Christmas. Nowhere is it found in Scripture that Christ put himself in Christmas. What about the apostles? Did they put Christ in Christmas? That's nowhere found in Scripture either. In fact, nothing about Christmas comes out of Scripture.

Scripture does not tell us that Jesus celebrated His birth. Scripture does not tell us that the apostles celebrated His birth. Scripture does not tell us that the early church celebrate His birth. So, if we are to follow the Scripture, and not man-made doctrine and traditions, we should not celebrate Christmas.

2 Next