Community > Posts By > Ecocentric

Ecocentric's photo
Fri 11/14/08 08:42 AM
He is no less honest than Rush "this is Obama's recession" Limbaugh. I don't understand how he can be so maligned for Bowling for Columbine, when all he did was ask a very pertinent question for which no on had a good answer. Hardly a reason to have him shot. I wouldn't call his style documentary. He does elicit an emotional response which in my book makes him an artist.

Ecocentric's photo
Fri 11/14/08 08:16 AM
If I could only deconstruct what I said before I say it....
Great subject. Anyone read Marshall McLuan's book The Medium is the Message? Best example I can think of.

I was into metafiction for a while, Richard Brautigan's Trout Fishing in America, Kurt Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions, and a couple of my favorite movies are Adaptation, and Stranger Than Fiction which are examples of metafilm. In the end it makes me a little too introspective. I wonder what I meant by that?

Ecocentric's photo
Fri 11/14/08 07:42 AM
Hi,
I grew up in Eville, but moved away 10 years ago. I spent a few years in Montana but live in Bloomington now. I have many friends there I visit often and work brings me to town from time to time. There are parts of town that I don't recognize anymore. Honest, there is more to do in Bloomington, come visit.