Community > Posts By > saramaus

saramaus's photo
Tue 03/17/09 08:01 PM

All flavors of Star Trek suck in comparison. Besides, I actually see REAL space travel working more in the vein of the TARDIS over badly engineered designs that only Science Fiction Writers would favor over the principles of Engineering. The first time a ship like the Enterprise went full power the Nacelles would shear off leaving the rest of the ship behind. The engines needed to be better secured than by two relatively small contact points! The TARDIS being made to be partially in another dimension means that there is no limit to the internal space in a box the size of a large Phone Booth. Instead of trying to slip into a type of Hyperspace (warp field) the TARDIS slips out of our dimension and back covering insane distances in much, much shorter time.

ALTHOUGH, I do agree that the form of time-travel is more "brilliant" with Dr. Who... I don't let that small error from the trek writers let it effect me in enjoying all the rest of the non-techy stuff that Star Trek deals with.

Its 'SCI-FI' (you know.. science FICTION) anyway, who says that either one of the law of time travel is better than the other. For all we know they are both wrong ;).

BTW I'm really gunna miss David Tennant as the Doctor

saramaus's photo
Tue 03/17/09 07:37 PM
Being a fan of Star Trek, and J.J. Abrams is not, I'm a little worried about it to be honest. However, the previews do look good, so I'll save my judgement till after I see it.

saramaus's photo
Tue 03/17/09 07:30 PM
Oh gosh, I can think of several favs that has been cancelled... I keep thinking its bad luck for me to watch it from their first seasons with the rate the shows are dropping like flies!

Moonlight :( :( :( :(
Pushing Daisies
Journeyman
Shark
Rain

Although I half-heartedly vowed after Moonlight got cancelled that I would never watch a series from the start, I did again this year with Fringe and Life on Mars... lets hope the pattern doesn't repeat itself.

saramaus's photo
Tue 03/17/09 05:28 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm a big Dr. Who and Star trek fan, so I'm going to ignore what you said about Star Trek.