no photo
Wed 12/10/08 09:25 PM
Yes.

no photo
Sun 12/07/08 09:45 AM
probably?

no photo
Sat 12/06/08 04:23 PM
HERE is what you're looking for. Download Trillian, from cerulian studios. Google Trillian software and you'll find a program that will let you chat on AIM, YAHOO, MSN, etc, all at the same time.

Alternatively, You can use Yahoo IM and talk to/from MSN folks with it.

no photo
Sat 12/06/08 04:06 PM
Dear (God),

Thank you for your gift. I especially like the wrapping paper job that you did on the package. Very nice, very clean. Like, no blemishes at all.

So, EVERYTHING on the earth is for me to use in any manner I want, as long as I don't put it in the way of "(god)" (Is this the same as the "('God')" in the first line?), myself, my family, my friends, and mankind ... is that limited to Earth? what about interstellar idol worship?

Also, what if that idol is myself, or my friends? Can I *totally* use slaves if I only remember to thank you (God?) for them? Perhaps the issue is a little bit more complicated than it's summarized, here?

What is my motivation for *moving on* to the next life as a spirit? I mean, just a really permanent not-consciousness sounds like a great deal, sometimes? The way you express it sounds like there's a second lifetime to go through! That's a lot of work, my friend! What's in that second life, that makes it worth my while? Especially if I *still* have to have the same priorities there!?! ("What, I can't run stuff over with my car here either?")

I appreciate you taking the time to clarify all this, "( God )" because otherwise we might mistake you for a man who's mistaken the calling of the Gospel and instead is taking the Lord's name in vain with selfish, limited human ambition.

And that would totally bite.

no photo
Sat 12/06/08 03:59 PM
You may want to check out Blindside, too, I think they might still be around. Their music is likely more up your alley.

no photo
Sat 12/06/08 03:58 PM
So, like, is there a question in there? Did I miss the topic, somehow?

If you're interested in finding God in the mainstream of media, you may want to look below the surface of bands that wear their faith like headresses. Check out the bands that talk about the elements of faith in their lyrics and don't make him out to be "Jesus my boyfriend." My favorites are the bands that can do this without ever even saying His name, like salt to a great meal, or like leaven in bread. Just a little leaven lets the whole roll rise!

I would suggest looking into the Flobots; I think they've deliberately avoided declaring themselves Christians, and they still swear in their lyrics, etc, breaking all the no-no's of today's Evangelical community. The music challenges as a call to arms, demanding that we love one another. It speaks of koinonia, and other elements of Christian tradition without ever giving up the roots, without ever selling out their ulterior motive of preaching good news.