Community > Posts By > choclablover

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 04:11 PM

I think Mom can actually run faster than me! Not!!

Being male, and just because. A couple of years ago a friend of mine was setting up an invisible fence for his very large choc lab. After setting up the fence, and few beers later, (ok I think it may have been a keg), we decided to see how bad it would be wearing the collar against the skin, and to check out the range and intesityof the invisible fence area. Here is what we found out:

1) If you walk, its really going to hurt, especially if you are foolish enough to stop within the range of the zap area. (Audible signals don't work on intoxicated males, letting them know they are going to get zapped)

2) Never try this if you have just been exerting yourself and are all sweaty. It hurts much worst if your skin is wet.

3) If you run real fast, you can get by with a minimum amount of pain as you are already in motion when you drop to the ground writhing in pain, just make sureyou can roll forward, away from the signal zapping you.

And by the way, the dog was very intelligent, and without the help of the beer figured this out in one day!

rofl LMAOooooooO

And so did we! little did we know his wife had turned up the unit to high after she saw what we were doing!

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 04:01 PM
I think Mom can actually run faster than me! Not!!

Being male, and just because. A couple of years ago a friend of mine was setting up an invisible fence for his very large choc lab. After setting up the fence, and few beers later, (ok I think it may have been a keg), we decided to see how bad it would be wearing the collar against the skin, and to check out the range and intesityof the invisible fence area. Here is what we found out:

1) If you walk, its really going to hurt, especially if you are foolish enough to stop within the range of the zap area. (Audible signals don't work on intoxicated males, letting them know they are going to get zapped)

2) Never try this if you have just been exerting yourself and are all sweaty. It hurts much worst if your skin is wet.

3) If you run real fast, you can get by with a minimum amount of pain as you are already in motion when you drop to the ground writhing in pain, just make sureyou can roll forward, away from the signal zapping you.

And by the way, the dog was very intelligent, and without the help of the beer figured this out in one day!

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 02:37 PM

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 02:26 PM

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 02:21 PM
Edited by choclablover on Wed 02/18/09 02:22 PM
My mom always said she would always live long enough to be trouble for her kids. She was right!

When I went into the garage yesterday I noticed that she finally put the year sticker on her car plate, in ME you do this every year when you pay an excise tax for the right to drive your car with a Maine plate. I went and got them but it was raining so she said "I will do it when the plate dries." She had them for 4 months but didn't remember where she put them.

At the time I told her she needed to get her car inspected in a month. Another Maine thing safety inspection every twelve months. Well I guess she forgot to go to that appointment too.

So today I did that too! She scares the crap out of me when I see her drive. I am leaving it up to the state as to how long she should drive, has a mandatory drive test coming up this year. She is 78.

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 02:04 PM

Ha! Ha!

Forget how to post a picture, Rick?laugh

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 01:51 PM
Edited by choclablover on Wed 02/18/09 01:51 PM
tongue2 :tongue: tongue2

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 01:48 PM

waving :angel:
Yeah Rick you being a angel today :)

Tough to do with this crowd!laugh

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 01:46 PM

Hey Rick
How was your chicken soup or stew ?

Going to do that tomorrow.

Just finished eating a homemade fresh dough pizza.

Garlic, mushroom, and spinach, with a blend of Asiago, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Smoked provolone, Romano, and fontina cheese.

Now I am stuffed!

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 01:39 PM
waving :angel:

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 12:19 PM

I am looking right now in the yellow pages under thingie replacements. happy

Betty did you find those numbers yet?

You all just are looking under the wrong place Check B.O.D.'s

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 12:17 PM

geez, I missed the party too. Oh well, better late than never. :)

Which way to the thingie store?laugh

Rick seems to be the authority, let's ask him

I wasn't saying anything, how did I get pulled into thisslaphead :laughing:

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 12:11 PM

yawn yawn yawn

waving waving :angel: waving waving

asleep asleep asleep

tongue2

going to bed already? sleep well
:cry: waving

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 10:20 AM

Hey Rick is that where the expression "Lucky Duck"
Comes from ?laugh

Maybe! Just as long as the other duck doesn't send the billslaphead

Think I am going to go out with Latte for a bit before the weather goes downhill. Everytime I move she thinks we are going out. Take care of that cold.

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 09:35 AM
laugh Best way I know to get a cats attention!

good afternoon Flame

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 09:18 AM

I am here!waving If my computer stays up!

How are you doing tonight Flame?
I'm doing good. Been a long day but an ok one. How are you doing tonight?

Fighting my with my computer and hollering at Charlie. He keeps jumping my dogsgrumble

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 09:09 AM

Morning Rick, how's your back this morning? Mine is BADDDDD

Been worst, been better! Must be I Laughed so much last nite. Good endorphin production though. Almost as good as a tens unit.

choclablover's photo
Wed 02/18/09 06:01 AM

No, but I can feel it coming barometric Air pressure is dropping fast, I don't need the weatherman anymore!huh

Edges into the room slowly.Are we okay choclablover? My smileys don't work but am sending a hug your way.

{{{carolanne58}}}flowerforyou

choclablover's photo
Tue 02/17/09 05:55 PM
good night everyone!waving

choclablover's photo
Tue 02/17/09 05:44 PM
Edited by choclablover on Tue 02/17/09 05:44 PM

Not yet but tomorrow we are in for it.
Is it snowing there yet?
got your snow shovel polished?

I am as ready as I can be: