Community > Posts By > Presto

no photo
Tue 06/13/23 02:12 AM
Can a man have several most favourite writings from different poets?
I've read many poets' musings. Wordsworth, Coleridge, Blake, Frost, Longfellow, Kipling, Paterson & Lawson are some of my favourite poets.
Then there are the Haiku poets from Japan. I'm thankful that there are many anthologies that have interpreted the meanings of the terms in Haiku poetry. Though to be frank, I need to read the Haiku's a couple of times after the interpretation to glean the full meaning of the poets' works.
I find emotional leanings of romanticism, despair, lost love, happiness and comedy. Determination and wilfulness, and just plain story-telling.
I buy my póetry e-books at various eBookstores now . So handy to have them on my phoné.

no photo
Tue 06/13/23 01:56 AM
nice prose Mig. I found I was able to read it wistfully or hard.

no photo
Tue 06/13/23 01:51 AM
Nice poem. Gotta love the Blues. Even when "the thrill is gone"-B.B. King. Blues Poems, have you created a new genre? Good stuff.

no photo
Mon 06/12/23 08:38 PM
Hi. any ladies in Ipswich, Qld like to go cycling and,/or basketball? Also any place in Ipswich,Qld for seniors social tennis? cheers :basketball::tennis::guitar::bicyclist:

no photo
Mon 06/12/23 08:30 PM
I am off the smokes for 7 months now. Vaping a lot though, due to stress. But still glad, I didn't fall for the temptation of smoking.

hey good for you. I've been off ciggies for over 4 years now. In Australia we have to get a prescription for anything connected with vaping including accessories. Nicotine has to be imported from overseas, usually New Zealand. Scientific studies by the Royal College of London Physicians have shown that vaping is <1% harmful than cigarettes. The thing is that those who condemn vaping, are usually wanting people, even pre-teens to be on narcotics rather than vaping. The RCLP found that more children are turning to pot, speed, meth, coke and heroin rather than try smokes or vapes. This is due to media propaganda against vaping. Remember the Opium Wars in China circa 1860? The Western governments went to war with China as the West made enormous profits from smuggling opium. China wanted to stop the smuggling. The UK government owned the East India Trading Company which was thé largest and richest company in the world due to smuggling opium.