detroitvelvetsmooth's photo
Fri 11/29/13 05:21 PM
i have never given a negative reply or inquiry, once and done, no response, move on. there is an imbalanced ratio of men to women, and many guys are creepy people or perverts, which makes it more difficult for sure i have had many positive experiences w online dating, and few negative.

Fri 11/29/13 05:13 PM
why worry at all. if you take these things too seriously, it just gets weird

Fri 11/29/13 04:32 PM
been doing this for years on a few different sites, i probably get a reply 1 out of 15 times....maybe. i send well thought out light hearted, but brief (2 or 3 lines) messages (when i happen to find someone that i may like, doesnt happen often), it seems like a real waste of time when you dont get a reply, but it really isnt. its telling you what kind of person they are to not even acknowledge your effort. and avoiding any more time wasted on that person. i have found that even women that represent themselves as open minded, free spirited, accepting, etc (like i am) usually only show that they actually are 25% of the time. i actually prefer an absent reply to an insincere one or someone who will act interested for the first couple messages, give out a number, then have no interest in continuing a conversation, that is more rejecting than receiving no reply at all

Thu 11/28/13 11:59 PM
Edited by detroitvelvetsmooth on Fri 11/29/13 12:43 AM

big guy in the middle just passed away, he was almost 14

Thu 11/28/13 11:30 PM
thanks. Ive had i bit of a look around. it seems like a sausage fest of desperate dudes for the most part

Thu 11/28/13 10:19 PM
been doing the online thing off and on for longer than i care to admit, so i guess haha!

Thu 11/28/13 08:33 PM
new to this site, but not to the world of online introductions. same old story. thought i found her, worked hard at it for almost 2 years, but i was brutally reminded that not everyone is caring and honest. i have given myself a few months to clear my head and get back to me. i am looking to make someone the happiest girl if they let me lol.