Community > Posts By > TammyJo71

TammyJo71's photo
Tue 11/18/08 03:25 PM
I happened to see your post and felt a need to reply. I would not say you're a bad looking guy. But with saying that you need to take this into consideration. This is a dating site, "site/sight" being the operative word here. When women and men are looking at profiles they are not sitting in front of the person learning their personality, they are flipping through profiles looking at pictures first, therefore visual first impressions are what make an impact.

Is that shallow, in a real world setting yes, but this is the cyber world and in cyberland everything is visually based first. So with saying that here are a few suggestions to you and to all guys who may read this.....

You want to grab the womans attention and for most women seeing a man who is dressed decent is one of the first things that catch our eyes, you don't have to be in a 3 piece suit but rather casual dress clothes are nice or even a nice pair of jeans and a clean pull over or sporty sweatshirt is good too.

If the pictures you have posted show you in stained, old, torn up shirts, or hunting clothing after you've just offed Bambi, that is going to be an instant turn off for most women.

Good hygiene and grooming is the next thing that catches our eye. So make sure you post a picture of yourself without hat hair or bed head. A good haircut/style will do wonders for a guys appearance and NO COMBOVERS are ever ok, if you're thinning on top then trim all your hair down to even it out.

If you're not trying to grow a beard then make sure the picture you have up shows that you do know how to use a razor or trimmers.

If you wear contacts, then don't have all your pictures posted with you in your glasses, we like to see your eyes as they are the next thing that that attracts most women. Glasses can be very attractive on a man you just want to make sure that the ones you wear didn't go out of style in 1970.

And finally....SMILE!! A smile says so much about a person, a smile is inviting, it says "Hi, come talk to me"!

Good luck in your search for true love, its out there for you somewhere! :)