Community > Posts By > pegster59070

pegster59070's photo
Thu 08/01/13 03:25 PM
I know what you mean - the only nudges and emails that I get are from guys that are in Texas, California and Arizona - no way to find out if they're real. I don't want to meet someone that I can't see or go out to lunch or coffee with....know what I mean?

pegster59070's photo
Thu 08/01/13 02:51 AM
Tipton, In here - love Hoosier land! Haven't been on this site very long but so far the only guys that have contacted me are from TX, AZ and CA (or who knows, maybe they're really in Nigeria) - where are the IN guys at?

pegster59070's photo
Thu 08/01/13 02:41 AM
I agree with what unsure said - they learn a lot in school. Sometimes more than we want them to know. The one thing that I would suggest (this has worked well with my daughter) - talk to her about everything in a normal conversation. It lets her know that you aren't afraid to communicate. Just remember though, no matter how cool of a dad you are, there will always be things that she'll be embarrassed to talk to you about, and that's just a girl thing.

pegster59070's photo
Sun 07/28/13 06:00 PM
I also just joined tonight and I hope I meet new people and make some friends here.

pegster59070's photo
Sun 07/28/13 05:52 PM
I adopted my daugther as a single parent when I was 40. I wouldn't change it for the world. Yes, I've struggled financially at times and I've struggled with the fact that I haven't provided her with a father. However, when she sees so many of her friends having to live between 2 households she's fine with it just being me. My daughter has provided me with so much love and laughter - I've learned so much from her. I say, go for it! If you feel that you can provide the love and support that a child needs, then do it!