Community > Posts By > directandwrite

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:54 PM
You stole-ed my cookies you...you....you..... cookie theif!!! Look what you did to me!!!!

This is a terrible travesty!!!!

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:51 PM
Hi there!!

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:50 PM
Hi hi, my ((((friends)))) flowerforyou :banana: flowers

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:49 PM
I love ya, Florida!!! flowerforyou flowers I love all my friends!!!

And Thomas, I love you too, Babe!!! :heart: smooched

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:27 AM
Hey ((Charles)) waving shades

Okay you two...I'm out for now! Talk to you soon!!! :thumbsup:

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:26 AM
Hey Thomas! For you!!!

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:24 AM

So Direct-
Where does this Problem Stand right now?
What have you Tried? What have you Not Tried?

Tried the system restore thing, tried doing things through Norton. Nothing seems to want to be accessed, not even in safe mode. My uncle has been trying some things when he can. He's more of a computer person than I am...

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:23 AM

I be he is but, he won't admit to it!! laugh laugh ..he will tell you he is cool, calm and collected!! Yeah!!! Right!..laugh laugh

He HAS told me that!!!! LOL!!! Sort of...I asked him if he was more nervous or excited. He said he wasn't too nervous but more excited. I'm more excited but I'm nervous too. I have been searching some fun things to do while he is in town!!

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:21 AM

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:19 AM
For my Blue Eyes!!!

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:19 AM

Yes ma'am it is to be expected. But by the time he is there 10 minutes all the jitters will be OVER DONE AND GONE!!! laugh laugh laugh

Oh, wow I hope so! I wonder if he is just as nervous and excited.... happy :tongue:
blushing

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:17 AM

For DW

Awwww Thank you Calleigh!! Good seeing you, Girl!!!! flowerforyou flowers

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:17 AM

For my DW:

Thanks Baby...I'll give you one guess who they are!!

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:14 AM

10 more days!!!! You excited yet?????..:banana: :banana: :banana:

Oh very much so...I have been for quite some time. Starting to get a bit jittery I suppose but I guess that is to be expected huh? :tongue:

I am glad you are doing well!!!

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:13 AM
I think it's time you learn your lesson Mr.!!!!

Now quickly, up to the board with you...write "I will not take DAW's cookies" five million times! Or you can just opt for me taking the ruler after you....your choice..... bigsmile

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:09 AM
Hey (((Linda))) flowerforyou flowers :heart: I'm well and my mom is still sore, but she is doing much better now, thank you! How have YOU been?? flowerforyou

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:08 AM
Mine won't do that, Fear. Tried it...

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:07 AM
Hi everyone!

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:06 AM

She is/was infected with a rogue anti-virus. The way that rogue anti-virus's are programed there wouldn't be a conflict, though her anti-virus wouldn't pick it up as her anti-virus would more than likely be disabled. Her problem is that she ran system restore and now can't see her icons, virus shouldn't be a problem now since she is back at an earlier configuration on her PC.

Now the problem is if the restore corrupted her windows install, which is why explorer.exe and the task manager comes into play...that doesn't work, she has to reinstall windows.

System restore does not fix a virus problem. And a complete reinstall is not necessary to fix a corrupted explorer.exe either. Assuming virus is taken care of running the repair utility after booting from your windows disk, should fix that.

Restore is what I meant. It can fix a virus problem though, if done properly. Depends when the virus hit and the restore point, if the restore is before the virus...it gets rid of the virus. Although system restore tends to cause more problems, so I don't typically use it.

If you are talking about restoring to factory settings essentially doing a reinstall then yes it would work, but that is not necessary. There are several Live Linux distros that include an antivirus program. All you have to do after downloading and burning the image is restart your computer with the disc in the drive and enter a few (2 or 3) simple commands at the command prompt after it starts. Live Linux distros run completely from the CD drive and do need to be installed to the hard drive.

I've got to try that too!!! Thanks, Thomas!!!

directandwrite's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:05 AM
Just popping in for a quick hello to everyone! I hope you all are well!! (((Everyone))) flowerforyou :banana: flowers waving Miss you all!!

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25