Community > Posts By > niceguy929

niceguy929's photo
Tue 07/02/13 04:55 PM

Build that foundation before sleeping with her. You gotta kiss the girl.

I definitely want to build a foundation first, but I'm not in this to find women who just want to be friends. I have tons of those already, more than time will allow for. I am hoping there's at least one out there who is interested in more than just a friendship.

niceguy929's photo
Tue 07/02/13 02:17 PM
I'd take that advice if I got dates. I guess my mistake is falling into the trap that women set when they say that they want to "build a foundation first". Such a cheesy line. That's like a guy saying "I love you" to a woman just to get her in bed.

niceguy929's photo
Sun 06/30/13 05:37 PM
This is quite thought provoking. I know for me, it's quite similar to how you describe it, but simpler. I have gone to college to better my life, my job prospects, my knowledge, pretty much to better myself. My thought is that if I've done all that work, why should I settle for a woman who isn't at least as educated (or working on it) and hasn't taken steps to better her life? Why should a woman think that she can benefit from my work after I've done it? That's like a coworker taking credit for a project or research when they weren't involved in any way.

People who have that college education want those discussions, conversations, and debates with people who are on a level playing field. People in general subconsciously want to be challenged, whether it be someone who has a differing opinion with valid facts and statistics or to solve a complex problem and think up a solution. A person who isn't as educated generally doesn't have the knowledge to bring the challenge to the relationship, but rather just agrees or doesn't provide strong arguments for different opinions.

niceguy929's photo
Sun 06/30/13 05:27 PM
Well, I've been on the site for a few days and have been lurking to get a feel for this place. I figure it's time I introduced myself. I'm a single 32 y/o man. I have no children and have never been engaged, let alone married. I recently got my Bachelor's Degree, and will be starting my new career in about a month and a half. Now that my professional life is underway, I'm hoping to advance my personal life. I've done everything I can think of, but have had very little luck over the last 6 years. I may not be a "pretty boy" or a male model, but I'm a nice guy, and I'm not into trying to be controlling. I view myself as a nice guy and the kind of guy that a great woman would go for. I'm not looking for a "just friends" situation. I've inadvertently gotten myself into a lot of those situations over the last few years (and they say men have commitment issues....). I'm looking for a woman who will seriously want to work together on building a serious relationship.