Community > Posts By > Gilisgreat

Gilisgreat's photo
Tue 09/02/08 10:31 AM
Edited by Gilisgreat on Tue 09/02/08 10:34 AM
I've had my profile up on this site for about a week now and met a few interesting people. My intent was to find some people in my area that I could meet online and talk about life of living in the Delta. It is somewhat of an acquired taste in lifestyles, really. But if you like the slow, quiet life of farming, fishing and frolicking in the fields, well then this is your kind of place. The drawback is having to come up with your own nightly activities. This may be a dicriminating factor for those with whom the party is the primary motivator.
My point is that it's becoming difficult to find people in my area, who are in my age group and are beyond the need to maintain the juvenile pace and perspective of having a good time.
I know that I may look like a kid yet, but I am not nor do I wish to be. I am however, child-like in some of my perspectives (if you can understand the differences between child-like and childish) and utilize that perspective to be creative, which has afforded me my current lifestyle.
I enjoy where I live and I enjoy my environment, minus the lack of human connection. The people here are friendly and caring, but things don't change here very much and there's just something about the energy of the newness of a thought or the exploration of an old thought upon a new tangent that is so appealing to me.
Well, does anyone feel me on this or have a unique spin to this scenario that you'd like to share?
Thanks people,
Gil

Gilisgreat's photo
Sun 08/31/08 07:32 PM
Edited by Gilisgreat on Sun 08/31/08 07:35 PM
yup,916, the Delta. Yeah!

So,... Are we just giving a call out?

If so, I'll say 'hey' to everyone. "HEY"!

Gilisgreat's photo
Fri 08/29/08 04:44 PM
All words are the word of God. And God gave us free will to bring validity and meaning to the word. It is because of this that we act.

We are still a people and we still have our words. We still feel the past of our ancestors and they are telling us to see the truth of our own words.

You are powerful because in your heart, you know that which is true and you act. Your action reflects your meaning and validates your word. And through your words you serve God's will.

I thank you for sharing your heart and showing me your truth.

Ghoona-chees,

Gil, (Tongas,Tlingit)

Gilisgreat's photo
Wed 08/27/08 01:29 PM
I think we're starting to sound a bit bitter here. I'm new to this and I'd like to keep the cool vibe' going for a little while longer. I'm off to a funnier side of humor. Rock on, guys!

Gilisgreat's photo
Wed 08/27/08 01:23 PM

there go my matches

thanks!grumble

Awh. I don't think you'll have to worry much. your pic along will keep you in circulation.
'Kley waasa'

Gilisgreat's photo
Wed 08/27/08 01:19 PM
That's got to be one of the best ideas I've heard all day! What do we need to do to manifest this idea to reality?

Gilisgreat's photo
Wed 08/27/08 12:23 PM
It's a bonus to have it be on the boss' bill. Sweet deal!laugh :tongue: smokin

Gilisgreat's photo
Wed 08/27/08 12:19 PM

my work finally paid offlaugh laugh my boss just sent out an email for us to meet him at a bar / grill tonight, on his tab drinker drinker drinker

Isn't it funny how the simplest thing like going out for a moment of relaxation can change the whole out look on the day? Good for you! Rock on!

Gilisgreat's photo
Mon 08/25/08 03:18 PM
Edited by Gilisgreat on Mon 08/25/08 03:21 PM
Hello. And thank you. Can I let everybody know, right now, I feel like I should be taking a bow.

Gilisgreat's photo
Mon 08/25/08 03:14 PM
Awh, you are so sweet. Thank you, and I do have great parents.

Gilisgreat's photo
Mon 08/25/08 03:02 PM
Haha! Like, the 'no more than two shakes' kinda Shakka.

Gilisgreat's photo
Mon 08/25/08 02:59 PM
Hey there. I'd like to let everybody know that I'm very new to this and my typing is not all that great. Just bear with me, right on, and Shakka!

Gilisgreat's photo
Mon 08/25/08 02:50 PM
Hi there, everybody. Thanks for the welcome.

Gilisgreat's photo
Mon 08/25/08 02:40 PM
I'm very new to this. Would like to hear what folks thought of my profile.