Community > Posts By > belexes2000

no photo
Tue 06/25/13 11:42 AM
Upon first registering a few nights ago, I sent a (one) casual hello message to several ladies and I too got the "limit" message. I wasn't sending multiple messages to the same person. I was immediately discouraged and didn't attempt to make contact with anyone again for a couple days but I have gotten that "limit" message several more times, so I understand what 007bliss was talking about. Let me make myself perfectly clear here...I have never sent more than 1 message to any of the ladies on this site, but I still occasionally get the "limit" message. It seems rather random and does tend to diminish my very limited experience here. Just sayin'...

no photo
Tue 06/25/13 11:26 AM

I think what 007bliss was saying in the original inquiry on this thread was that he tried to send a single message to a potential match and he got the "you have reached the limit of your messages today. Wait till tomorrow" post. He waited until the next day and tried to send the (same) message again and got the "limit" message a second time. In other words, because his initial attempt to make contact didn't go through, he tried it again on the following day, as instructed. I didn't take it as an attempt at harrassment, as other's have implied.

That is the only way you get that message, you send too many emails out and you get stopped...If he did wait a day, he would be able to send his mass amounts of emails to that one person again, until he hit the "Too many" mark again unless of course she replies back.

no photo
Sun 06/23/13 05:45 PM
I think what 007bliss was saying in the original inquiry on this thread was that he tried to send a single message to a potential match and he got the "you have reached the limit of your messages today. Wait till tomorrow" post. He waited until the next day and tried to send the (same) message again and got the "limit" message a second time. In other words, because his initial attempt to make contact didn't go through, he tried it again on the following day, as instructed. I didn't take it as an attempt at harrassment, as other's have implied.

I'm new here too and I also find this site rather frustrating. It seems like most of the ladies that I find interest in (probably 90%, yes really, 90%) seem to no longer frequent this site. On other singles sites that I've been on, the active accounts are the first ones that we see and as we browse, we eventually work toward those accounts that are rarely checked or those that have even completely abandoned. I'll give it another week or two to see if there are ways to filter out the old accounts, but otherwise it's going to be a short stay for me too.

no photo
Wed 06/19/13 03:22 PM
Thanks for the advice. I actually noticed that at the very bottom of everyone's profile there is a section that tells you your history with that person (ie. on 6/18/13 you visited her profile; on 6/19/13 you sent her a message, etc...). Something along those lines...again thanks for your help.

no photo
Wed 06/19/13 01:38 PM
Newby here. Is there an indicator that can tell us if we've already made written contact (introductory messages) with potential mates. I just joined last night and immediately scanned through many, many profiles and later sent intro messages to several ladies, howeverrrr....I don't recall which ones I've sent messages to and which ones I haven't. I don't want to come off as harrassing and sent duplicate messages, but I don't want to overlook a potential match either. Help!!!