Community > Posts By > NickLovesMusic

NickLovesMusic's photo
Thu 08/28/08 07:48 AM
Hello Ruth, Patsfan, BayAreaGirl, and Mirror Mirror!

NickLovesMusic's photo
Sat 08/23/08 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss, Mikey. My condolences to you and his family and friends.

NickLovesMusic's photo
Sat 08/23/08 09:48 AM
I've heard that drinking ice water helps a little.

And I've heard that drinking a lot of water a low salt diet helps a lot too.

salt makes your body retain water.

Less salt makes you sweat out the water a lot faster.

I've heard drinking a full gallon of water per day helps tremendously...

And eating your regular meals (3 of them) along with eating pineapple slices in between meals helps too because pineapple actually takes more energy in calories to digest than it gives your body.

There's a lot of tips and tricks to weight loss.

But the main thing is be consistant and be comfortable with the way you are going about it.

Another thing I've heard which helps a TON, is to allow yourself 1 cheat day per week. That will greatly reduce the risk of "binge eating" and help you feel satisfied that you are still getting some of the old foods that you love as a reward for your hard work.

Also being more active in general helps but the main thing when it comes to exercise is this:

Do a type of exercise that you love such as a sport that is physical.

I myself lose weight extremely fast when I play the drums often for example and I don't feel like I am working out when I am doing it because I am so wrapped up in the fun of it... Catch my drift?

Hmmm let's see... There's volleyball, tennis, basketball, softball, (want some drum lessons? lol, shameless plug, lol) running, biking, hiking, rock climbing, the list goes on... If I were you I would brainstorm by writing a list of physical things that you actually enjoy.

Good luck!

Ps. Also take joy in the fact you are working on it because 80% of success is just showing up!!! Be proud of yourself for making the effort!

Nick

NickLovesMusic's photo
Sat 08/23/08 09:36 AM
Taking a break from cleaning! :D

Wassup?

NickLovesMusic's photo
Sat 08/23/08 09:18 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

And nice to meet you as well!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. =)

NickLovesMusic's photo
Sat 08/23/08 09:10 AM
Wow! Where to begin?

First of all I think there were some great perspectives in this thread. Hats off to all you for the great input so far.

I just wanted to add the abstract idea here that "some people" prefer to get to know someone by verbal communication since they have experienced that (type) chatting is way too 2 dimensional for them. That doesn't make them desperate, it just makes them someone who prefers to hear a real voice as opposed to text which can be quite dull and non-articulate.

To each his or her own of course, but maybe you've found a difference that you two have already? =)

Maybe not a total red flag? How about orange? :p

All kidding aside I think the best plan of action is give him a little more time if you feel comfortable with that and see where it leads. If you do not feel comfortable with that, then perhaps the man you are looking for is one that will speak with you on the phone right from the beginning. (These things matter more or less to each one of us for too many reasons to analyze, and many are valid depending on our own personal judgement) Therein lies the mystery of what makes a good relationship eh?

There is nothing wrong with wanting what you want or needing what you need. If you don't get it in one place, then it's time to find another. Simple as that.

Good luck to you!

NickLovesMusic's photo
Fri 08/22/08 11:51 AM
Edited by NickLovesMusic on Fri 08/22/08 11:52 AM
Sure do:

Here's some songs I sang a few years back.

Enjoy: bigsmile

http://thesimsonstage.ea.com/creativeWork.html?userId=4NygdfqZUxI%3D

Pss. Yes I love Pina Coladas

Psss. Yes I love the rain, when I'm not carrying several computers into someone's home or place of business.

Nick

NickLovesMusic's photo
Thu 08/21/08 02:34 PM
Just joined yesterday and wanted to say hi to you all. Best of luck in your searches.

Nick