PreferredParticipant's photo
Thu 08/21/08 09:29 PM

smokin I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs and insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.smokin

Thanks, I'm gonna keep that in mind... i think

Thu 08/21/08 09:25 PM
:banana: :banana: think :banana: :banana:

Thu 08/21/08 09:16 PM
22/m/CA looking to chat.

P.S. When I'm this bored I'm known to talk about ANYTHING (maybe), so send me a message and I'll get back to ya!

Yep!

Thu 08/21/08 03:16 PM

me i gave up!

most of the guys i talk to. we talk once and have an awesome conversation leaving you thinking omg this is great.

then bam. you barely talk ever again.

soo im just here for friends and a good conversation with some good people.

flowerforyou

..and how is an interested man to meet a woman when every woman is telling them this?

...and, more importantly, if you are both interested, what is an appropriate next step and how do you go about negotiating it?

k so im stupid lol what do you mean next step?

The next step after having a conversation and an informal relationship online. I can't answer that for you or anyone - aside from myself. The "next step" with someone you share mutual interest in should be something that both parties are comfortable with. I would assume this would depend heavily on individual goals and comfort/trust levels, hense everyone should have a different idea. It is up to you and whomever you chose to negotiate that next step, just like when you meet someone offline.

All I'm trying to point out is that if every woman on here "Gave up looking" following your logic then the men who are really looking lose oppurtunity without warrent. And everyone wants to feel like they have a fair shot, they don't want to know that everyone "just wants online friends" before they even talk to them.

Last thing: Why does the male have to lead the relationship? You are just as capable (women) as creating something after that BAM! as any one of us men!

lol im not capable. Im done chasing men. I've done it too much in the past and all it gets me is hurt. for once i want to be chased. i wish guys would realize when a guy chases us we feel special.

and im not saying i just want online friends id love to meet a guy i could have a relationship with and go from there.

You do realize that men can feel the same emotions you are describing, right? Like me: I don't neccessarily feel like chasing someone either, much of the time. I want it easy for me too. I feel special when I am chased.

I'm not trying to bash you or anything, don't take this the wrong way - please. If that is what you are describing (and even more so if many other women feel the same way), the question then becomes how do you want someone to "give chase" to you in an online forum or in an online chat? What is the appropriate next step for the dude who is gonna chase you, but does not know how to do so with the mediums provided on this site? Sounds like you would like to meet someone in the real world, outside of this site. So.. how does someone (if they were so inclined) accomplish that via this site?

Thu 08/21/08 03:06 PM

me i gave up!

most of the guys i talk to. we talk once and have an awesome conversation leaving you thinking omg this is great.

flowerforyou

..and how is an interested man to meet a woman when every woman is telling them this?

...and, more importantly, if you are both interested, what is an appropriate next step and how do you go about negotiating it?

k so im stupid lol what do you mean next step?

The next step after having a conversation and an informal relationship online. I can't answer that for you or anyone - aside from myself. The "next step" with someone you share mutual interest in should be something that both parties are comfortable with. I would assume this would depend heavily on individual goals and comfort/trust levels, hense everyone should have a different idea. It is up to you and whomever you chose to negotiate that next step, just like when you meet someone offline.

All I'm trying to point out is that if every woman on here "Gave up looking" following your logic then the men who are really looking lose oppurtunity without warrent. And everyone wants to feel like they have a fair shot, they don't want to know that everyone "just wants online friends" before they even talk to them.

Last thing: Why does the male have to lead the relationship? You are just as capable (women) as creating something after that BAM! as any one of us men!

Thu 08/21/08 02:40 PM

What does that leave for the rest of ussick

Not so percectly good panties I suppose.

Why the complaining? Bad panties sound so good!drool

Thu 08/21/08 02:33 PM

grumble Can anyone tell me why it is that every time I make contact or get contact especially on IM its starts off with a really nice conversation I get lulled into thinking something could happen here then wham the conversation turns into obscene inuendos

:angel: I am a lady.. give me respect..

I wont be answering an IM's no more...

read my post in

How many women having given up looking for guys in here?????

and add sexual frustration + need for gratification to the equation for the man

I don't think many men would do that unless they felt it is appropriate (i.e., they thought you were interested), but please screen who you speak to. And remember, you can always hit the close button. Don't turn us all off tho, not all of us just want a conversation or relationship that is sexually charged.

I'd say you have to deal with a certain amount of "not what your looking for" on sites like this. After all, if it was that easy, these sites wouldn't exist!

Thu 08/21/08 02:24 PM

me i gave up!

flowerforyou

Thu 08/21/08 02:19 PM

well,...ok...here's my best shot....the way they are shaped combined with the way you look at someone = an attraction feeling like no other....sending a message to a guys brain saying...ok...that look just hit me right there...we gotta go! The look says it all....off to the bedroom because you got me feeling like I just want to rip your clothes off and wreck,break and shatter anything around including the box spring.

ok....I think that's it

Ladies and Gentlemen!! We have a WINNER!!

Thu 08/21/08 02:08 PM
Edited by PreferredParticipant on Thu 08/21/08 02:09 PM

It means your eyes are very sensual and get them hotflowerforyou

That's about it!

Probably about the same as the look he gives you right before you think about ripping his clothes off right there.

rofl

Thu 08/21/08 02:04 PM
I think people tend to be more serious online due to many factors. The big one I can think of now and/or feel like typing(lol) is that there is that the main form of communication is text based. Regardless of this being a dating site, people are more serious because of the inability to read many non-verbal and verbal cues that would otherwise be unconsciously read.

This same thing has been attributed to road rage.

Something to think about: If you bump into someone while walking, there is many times only a cordial smile to illustrate no foul intention. Now think of how different it is when two people have a fender bender. Same type of accident, different response.

Thu 08/21/08 09:40 AM
Its not useless if it serves to drive you insane. Also people use it to indicate "lots of laughs" or "laugh or loud"

lulz

Thu 08/21/08 09:02 AM
When I was in the army me and the other medics used to give each other I.V.s in the barracks after a night of heavy drinking...

Thu 08/21/08 08:43 AM
Time...

Thu 08/21/08 08:09 AM
Chocolate fondue, anyone?

Wed 08/20/08 03:14 PM
This world is crazy. Just seeing much of the violence is enough for me, let alone when children and innocent are involved. These are people who have nothing to do with what happens to them many times, just wrong place wrong time.

A little off topic but in a similar vein: when I was deployed to Iraq I worked as a combat medic. One of the groups of casualties that I worked was a family of a mother and her 2 children. They were fired upon due to rules of engagement because they were out after curfew and non-responsive to commands to stop. The youngest child was killed on scene, the mother was basically uninjured but in shock from the incident. The other kid, probably about 5-8, was shot in the shoulder by a .50 caliber round. He was who I worked on. The surviving mother and child were sent for treatment are higer care, but I was pretty shaken being there and seeing such young kids hurt.

sad

Wed 08/20/08 02:51 PM

Preferred, opinions are like azzholes, EVERYBODY
has one.

My old man sense bets your way off on this one.

Get some age under your belt & bet you will agree with the majority.

I can respect your opinion, and honestly, you could be 100% correct. Very good advice/insight on your part. I chose to illustrate another angle due to majority on one side of discussion.

All assholes are created equal, sir. Your asshole is no better than mine, regardless of output or age. (I can use metaphors too)rofl

Wed 08/20/08 02:41 PM
I disagree with just about everyone here. It is impossible to say with any certainty, from my stand point as well, that he just wants a "booty call."

While this could very well be true, there are also other possiblities that should be considered. Maybe sometimes we should take things at face value. I don't know about everyone else, but when I tell someone that I want to keep in contact with them, that is what I mean. It does not NECCESSARILY mean that I have ill intentions or that I want to use that person in any way.
Maybe I think they are a wonderful person, but I need a break. W/e the case, by immediately assuming he only wants you for sex, you are diminishing him value.

Do what you want. If you don't want to talk to him ever, don't. If you do, then do. But it should be on terms that are agreeable to both parties. If he pressures you for "buddy" status or something, then tell him to get lost and re-evaluate your friendship then. There is (IMO, as is all of this) no final evaluation of a relationship (intimite or not), it's a continuous process.

Yep!

Wed 08/20/08 12:04 PM

I have 20/20 in one eye. And 20/what the hell does that say?
in the other.

lol

If anyone doesnt know what the numbers mean:

They both equal feet, the first number is always twenty for 20 feet. 20/20 means you have so called "perfect vision." It just means you can see from 20 feet what most people can see from 20 feet. If you have 20/15 then you can see from 20 feet what most people have to be 15 feet away to see. If you have a rediculous number like 20/400 then you can see from 20 feet what most people can see from 400!!

Wed 08/20/08 11:56 AM
... I've got 20/15 in both eyes...

Really tho, I'll probably need reading glasses when I'm older, and I think glasses can look great!

Previous 1