Community > Posts By > AJ2WINGS

AJ2WINGS's photo
Fri 09/12/08 01:02 PM
I have thought that what I missed most about my wife since she died was companionship but perhaps it is really intimacy. We spent so much time together, especially near the end, that I wondered if we were truly one.

Now, 1 3/4 year later I am beginning to regain my own identity and energy. No wonder that I wonder who am I -- thanks for giving me this to think about.

AJ2WINGS's photo
Mon 09/08/08 01:02 PM
Hello group:

Virginia, my wife, died in Jan. 07. My initial reaction was panic as the lonliness just drove me nuts. I did not want to go in.

Now, this year -- particularly the summer, has been different. I have met Virginia in many places and severa different planes. Several weeks ago I went to a Baha'i Faith retreat at Green Lake, WI & remembered our times there. It was lovely.

My big stretch for the summer was 2 fold: 1) to purchase a motorcycle and 2) to read and work through The Artist's Way. My mechanical talents that I have not messed with in 45 years have done surprisingly well. It is one means of making amends to my Dad.

The Artist's Way has been informative and has gotten me to change this summer. change is usually a good thing from my part.

Prayers for all,