Community > Posts By > talukas2004

talukas2004's photo
Tue 08/12/08 05:37 PM
so i wasnt paying attention to this thread even after i made it... go me.

my sister used to live in anderson when she was working at ponderosa, couple hour drive. i just went to greenfield not to long ago to see a friend of mine.

talukas2004's photo
Mon 08/11/08 09:34 PM
Two Jobs

1) What: PC Support Helpdesk Technician
Good: Get to sit on my ass all day and play Starcraft on my computer.
Bad: Some of the smartest people where I work are absolutely retarded.

2) What: Volunteer Firefighter
Good: I get to play with fire, often. Destroy cars and kick in doors without fear of getting arrested. Being thanked, repeatedly.
Bad: Almost always seeing people at some of the worst times in their life. Having learned to numb my mind of some things I have seen and more or less "laugh it off" with the guys so it doesn't become a problem later.

talukas2004's photo
Mon 08/11/08 09:09 PM
Edited by talukas2004 on Mon 08/11/08 09:14 PM
Potential spoilers so be forewarned.

So my friend and I went and watched this yesterday. I have to say that I was a little disappointed with movie. Just wasn't what I was expected, of course being based off previews, again they show all the good parts, at least I thought they did. The Chinese actors in the show, some were great obviously, but then just trying to make climatic scenes in Chinese doesn't exactly give ya the desired chills from a 'pump you up' speech. The Last Samurai (edit: where the hell did I come up with samurai warrior lmao) did a better job, just to give an idea. The wife whatever her name is, upset me because I dont remember her being AS British as she was in the first two movies. She was almost in my opinion a pussified version from the first two movies. Different actress but a little over done imho. The ending was ridiculous and that ruined the whole movie for me. I thought Jet Li would play a great part, but really all he did in the movie was ride a horse, stand around, talk, and fight a little. And how he died, a shapeshifting immortal, dies in a hand to hand fight by a cursed knife. Just, er, climax killer.

Overall, I didnt like the movie. A bit too much CGI that could have been done a little better I think, british chick was too british, and the ending wasn't all that great anti-climatic. I was hoping for more from the battle scene, maybe even MORE of them, but compared to the other two movies, no where close to being as good as them.

talukas2004's photo
Mon 08/11/08 12:28 PM
anyone from around here? i'm actually from pierceton but chances of recognizing this town are slim.

anyone? drinker drinks on me drinker

talukas2004's photo
Sun 08/10/08 10:11 AM

You have some cute pics! And you seem like a very nice guy! Good luck w/ everythingflowerforyou

I am a nice guy, try to be at the very least. Sometimes though, people push the wrong buttons.

Thanks for the opinion. flowerforyou

talukas2004's photo
Sun 08/10/08 06:42 AM
Edited by talukas2004 on Sun 08/10/08 06:43 AM
Thanks ladies happy flowerforyou for you all!

As for the prison thing, doubtful, but I've never been there, so you can tell me all about it :wink:

talukas2004's photo
Sun 08/10/08 06:27 AM
I used Firefox while I'm home, but when I go to work there are certain web apps that I have to use that require me to use IE.

Much prefer Firefox though, even though it started taking a lot longer to start up anymore.

talukas2004's photo
Sun 08/10/08 06:15 AM
So yep... you all know what to do and how to do it.

flowerforyou blushing

Be gentle.

2 Next