jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 09:51 PM
a whole entire world of them

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 09:49 PM
the Chicken

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 09:44 PM

'Theory'... I do not think that word means what you think it means.

This quotation from the linked article sums it up:

When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

In science, the word hypothesis is used for something that is unproven or speculative, while theory is reserved for models that have been tested and confirmed, meaning they are no longer speculative. Relativity, gravitation, quantum mechanics, evolution... all of these are confirmed, and all are examples of scientific theories.

Also, and no disrespect intended, the bible has nothing to do with science.

a quote from MetalShadow6

Although I do believe there is a God but the big bang may be His way of making the current world. Still evolution is a theory and not an absolute. After all, some a still determine to prove that humans came from apes.

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 09:38 PM
i dont think its aliens or a solar flare but something else thats all. nothing to be scared about.

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 08:58 PM

I saw on yahoo news feed they were discovered, but didn't read far enough to see they were poisonous too! Most tarantulas you can hold in your hand, I'm fearful of spiders....the brown recluse and black widow.

98% of all spiders are poisonous, but only a few has the right poison to effect humans... there is one spider that eats plants, also...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2009/10/13/tech-biology-vegetarian-spider.html

venomous not poisonous.

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 08:30 PM
well whats the craziest theory u'v ever heard

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 08:05 PM
WHAT CRAZY THEORIES DO YOU HAVE

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 07:58 PM
any way this topic is better for the religious threads so back to the original topic, what crazy theories do you have?

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 07:53 PM
did u read job 38 and 39. thats only one section of the bible that talks about scientific stuff

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 07:50 PM

Also, I agree that the Bible was never meant to be a science text, and it is a violation of the rules of science to require a scientific theory to pass a religious litmus test.

The bible doesn't violate any rule of science. And does a theory have to pass a religious test?

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 07:45 PM
Edited by jecbro on Wed 04/10/13 07:54 PM

'Theory'... I do not think that word means what you think it means.

This quotation from the linked article sums it up:

When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

In science, the word hypothesis is used for something that is unproven or speculative, while theory is reserved for models that have been tested and confirmed, meaning they are no longer speculative. Relativity, gravitation, quantum mechanics, evolution... all of these are confirmed, and all are examples of scientific theories.

Also, and no disrespect intended, the bible has nothing to do with science.

ok i be wrong about the theory thing. but the Holy Bible is a scientific book, just have a look at Job chapter 38 and 39, there is about 30 questions that are scientific there and God answers them.

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 07:19 PM
Edited by jecbro on Wed 04/10/13 07:29 PM

this is a quote of someone only a couple of months ago on this date
2/2/2012

Yes, evolution has been proven. In fact we have more real, hard evidence for evolution than any other theory in the history of science. It's much more than just the fossil records. Genetics (a science Darwin never dreamed of) fell into place exactly the way evolution predicted it should. All modern biology is based on evolution.

However, I must point out that evolution doesn't say we came from apes. Apes are modern animals just like we are. Evolution says we and apes share a common ancestor. This is a common mistake many people make though.

For an easy way to understand evolution and natural selection, think about artificial selection. We humans have bred dogs of every shape and size that could never survive in nature. We bred them for our own needs. Natural selection works in the same way except it chooses only the animals that are able to survive long enough to find a mate and breed. Those that don't are unable to pass on their genes and die out. Over a very long time tiny changes take place. Just as dogs are different from wolves, but came from wolves nonetheless.

Make sense?
end quote

There appears to be evidence supporting evolution, but it is still a theory and not observed science. You ask any of the evolutionist scientists and they will say it is a theory.

Also you mentioned the natural selection thing, well you said natural selection chooses. Well in that case then who is 'Natural Selection', if it can choose then it has intelligence to choose and wisdom to choose the best, it must have life in it's self, it must be present every where all at once to be able to choose, it must know all about the most fine and complex things to do with genetics and DNA and bio-organisms much more then we know or could ever know and have the ability to manipulate them, it must live eternally to have been around for so long to do what it has done, it must be immensely small yet extremely huge at the same time to work with all life on the planet. Therefor it knows all there is to know, it is everywhere, it is powerful to do the this it has done, it is extremely intelligent, and it must still be active today.

You know what that sounds like to me. It sounds like God the almighty. The one who created all life and sustains it yesterday, today, and tomorrow. The one who Loves us so immensely that he provided a Saviour for us, and has a place for those who believe in his only begotten son to live eternally at.

Also i trust in the science of observation and the longest historical evidence known to humankind, which is the Holy Bible and Christianity. One can not rebuke the longest and most believed truth that there is, for to rebuke it would be unintelligent and foolish, it just wouldn't make sense to reject this well established truth.

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 06:05 PM

10/12/2012

As long as hydrogen and carbon bonds are in organic molecules in the universe and H2O there will be life

Well no that is not true. There is needed a lot more then that to sustain life. One of those things is God the almighty, without him there is no life. look at Genesis 2:7.

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 05:39 PM

10/07/2012

It's not dead, just not the top of the discussion at the moment. I know the science and have worked with the people providing the data. I have traveled the world (for other reasons) and brought back observations used in data collection such as bleaching of coral reefs, retreatment of glaciers, elimination of snowcaps, etc.

Global warming is real. The political spin put on it from turkeys like Al Gore have done as much to confuse the real issues as has the false data infused into our media from the oil companies. We are nearing several "tipping points" which will permanently alter parts of the world's climate. Crops are now failing, droughts are at all time highs, and population migration is beginning. Many who think they understand the problem can't separate local data from global data. Most of the world's population is brainwashed in one way or another.

Much of the world's fresh water supply is disappearing.

It isn't pretty.

Mate the American government invented Global Warming as a scheme for their political endeavorers. The things you've seen around the world are normal changes in a dieing earth. For you see this planet is on it's way to death, because of every thing that us humans have done to it. We are the cause to the inevitable death and destruction of this planet. But its too late now, even if all humans every where were to die right now this earth will still die aswell. Because the damage has been done.

jecbro's photo
Wed 04/10/13 05:20 PM
nune