Community > Posts By > UpstateSCguy

UpstateSCguy's photo
Sat 03/16/13 02:06 PM
Edited by UpstateSCguy on Sat 03/16/13 02:10 PM

I have utilized hypnosis in my work, mainly focused on Erickson technique

What have you used it for?

Erickson (Milton) is more of a conversational modality and I tend to fall into it when there is resistance in session, for example, when seeding or challenging irrational thoughts. I don't do direct induction much anymore, as I had a run whenever I put someone in, there was the "No,no mommy/daddy.." coming out; I referred those out, it still is a bit much for me to deal with. Also, I throw in a touch of NLP. Once, on a train, I put a guy in full blow mania to sleep, before they were gonna throw him off

It sounds like you know what you are doing! Did you know the guy or did you just decide to help him?

I didn't know him and he was afraid they threatened to kick him off and he kinda attached himself to him

I see, that was really kind of you to help him out like that.

Ericksonian methods are all I use now, usually through story telling. One of the things I am going to try with some close friends is... put them in trance and have them pick the lottery numbers. Last time I did it my friend told me he was sure that he had the correct lottery numbers, but he just didn't know the week. lol

UpstateSCguy's photo
Fri 03/15/13 01:48 PM
Does anyone in the upstate enjoy hypnosis?

UpstateSCguy's photo
Fri 03/15/13 01:32 PM
Edited by UpstateSCguy on Fri 03/15/13 01:45 PM
Look into my eyes...
You're a young handsome successful popular guy.
But you already were and will continue to be.

UpstateSCguy's photo
Fri 03/15/13 12:06 PM
Edited by UpstateSCguy on Fri 03/15/13 12:07 PM
All in all, I think your profile is good. Happy to see you have several pictures. My only suggestion would be to expound on your description. You list travel, reading, movies and music, maybe you could write about some of the places you have traveled, what are your favorite books or movies. What kind of music you like. Just my thoughts.

UpstateSCguy's photo
Fri 03/15/13 11:58 AM
Thank you in advance for taking a look at my profile and letting me know what you think. Hope to hear from you soon.

UpstateSCguy's photo
Fri 03/15/13 11:46 AM
Have you ever been hypnotized? Hypnosis can help with a wide range of conditions or just use it to relax. Would love to hear your hypnosis stories.