Community > Posts By > litchic

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:50 PM
10 years. ended for reasons too complicated to get into, but probably for the best in the end...

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:36 PM
i tend to give men a harder time... but only if i can tell they can take it.

i get along better with men, in general.

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:31 PM

Not that many here in the US, hell we keep putting them in jail...I've met more people with that mentality then I have who don't have that, I am not one of them if that is what you are implying...unfortunately we don't live in this bed of roses that you seem to think so many people are going to jump to take care of a child in our country...but if it is outside our country we will send millions of dollars, everyday hundreds of thousands of children starve because those people that you say help obviously are not helping the right street. Everyday thousands of kids get shot down living in a bad area and being at the wrong place wrong time, everyday children in the US steal from stores to feed themselves. And they rob, steal, cheat, kill, and take what they want from whoever...because of all these caring people?

i never claimed life was a bed of roses. we do not live in utopia. all each of us can do is individuals is what we believe is right. i can only do my part. i can't influence what other people choose to think and/or do. i do happen to know quite a lot of people who have gone above and beyond in their lives to help children who were not their own -- mostly teachers and social workers. i am realistic, but i also do believe that an individual can make a difference.

as for outside of our country -- do those children not deserve food and medical treatment as well? here in the united states at least there is medicaid and welfare programs. these programs do not exist in many third world countries. and many of the children in these countries are left fending for themselves after they are orphaned. group homes may not be ideal circumstances in which to grow up, but it beats sleeping on the streets.

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:18 PM

So give them to a better family, I'm not one to promote adoption but if one knows they will not be able to raise a child they should give them up to a family that will...instead of hoping that others will take responsibility for them...

obviously that's not realistic.

And hoping someone else will take care of the child is?

yep. thankfully there are enough people in the world who care about the wellbeing of children whether or not they are their own kids.

i think the mentality of "not my kid, not my problem" is pretty short-sighted. that kid will become your problem when s/he's contributing to the crime rate in your area down the road, or popping out kids of his or her own that your taxes will support.

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:15 PM
only for someone as warped as i am...

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:13 PM

So give them to a better family, I'm not one to promote adoption but if one knows they will not be able to raise a child they should give them up to a family that will...instead of hoping that others will take responsibility for them...

obviously that's not realistic.

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:12 PM

Generally, kids grow up to be good people in spite of their parents and society, not because of them:smile:

Then I fail to see a point to this topic...I mean if they are going to grow up to be good people why are we worried about it?
probably 95% of the kids grow up to be great adults...it is the other 5% that have problems. They are the ones we worry about. Always want 100%

you really think 95% of adults are "great"? i want to live where you do...

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:08 PM

If you mathmatically figure in the time spent on TV/video games/internet of a child age range around 10-14 and plug in the time frame that a parent (one or both) spends with that child, you get an awesomely bad showing of parental responsibility. Most children grow up with the aid of video games or movies, and no one teaches them an outlet for aggression. So this aggression psychologically becomes pent up anger, creating passive aggressive and eventual aggresser. Therefore this pent up aggression goes out on what they learned (ala GTA) let's beat up women, cause the parent(s) never taught the basic wrong and right.

which is why i say it takes a village. so one parent does a crappy job. does that mean the child is doomed? no. there are other influences -- family members, neighbors, teachers, coaches, etc. it is the responsibility of all of society to positively influence youths who are in fact the future of society.

So the parent shouldn't have had a child...easy as that, not lay the responsibility selfishly upon an entire village to raise their child...that is poor decision making.

the fact is, whether or not the decision was poor, the child was born, and the child will become a member of society. personally, i'd rather have as many positively contributing members of society in our future as possible.

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:06 PM

yeah, every guy is different and they all have there levels of maturity. Older men have been there done that, so to speak, and know what they want. But you also have to be aware of the damage (baggage) some older men carry. Most younger men are happier and more committed. But I don't know...it's a toss up.

i pretty much agree. having life experience can be both a good thing and a bad thing. it really does depend on the individual. but i don't think it's fair to automatically discount someone because of age.

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:00 PM

If you mathmatically figure in the time spent on TV/video games/internet of a child age range around 10-14 and plug in the time frame that a parent (one or both) spends with that child, you get an awesomely bad showing of parental responsibility. Most children grow up with the aid of video games or movies, and no one teaches them an outlet for aggression. So this aggression psychologically becomes pent up anger, creating passive aggressive and eventual aggresser. Therefore this pent up aggression goes out on what they learned (ala GTA) let's beat up women, cause the parent(s) never taught the basic wrong and right.

which is why i say it takes a village. so one parent does a crappy job. does that mean the child is doomed? no. there are other influences -- family members, neighbors, teachers, coaches, etc. it is the responsibility of all of society to positively influence youths who are in fact the future of society.

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:39 PM

Also, young girls can be very insecure and they put up with abuse just so that they will have a boyfriend.

i believe this is the heart of the matter right here. it is very important for young women to know that their worth is NOT measured by their ability to attract young men. it makes me really sad how lacking in self esteem lots of girls are, and how they are willing to put up with less than respectful behavior, not to mention abuse. we (society) need to teach our girls while they are young that they are valuable individuals, and they need to respect themselves and expect nothing less than respect from others.

Society is not the greatest teacher a child has...

it takes a village.

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:35 PM

Also, young girls can be very insecure and they put up with abuse just so that they will have a boyfriend.

i believe this is the heart of the matter right here. it is very important for young women to know that their worth is NOT measured by their ability to attract young men. it makes me really sad how lacking in self esteem lots of girls are, and how they are willing to put up with less than respectful behavior, not to mention abuse. we (society) need to teach our girls while they are young that they are valuable individuals, and they need to respect themselves and expect nothing less than respect from others.

litchic's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:10 PM
i'd use it to my advantage while being sickeningly sweet about it.

litchic's photo
Mon 06/30/08 10:33 PM

imo, it's time to drastically cut the military budget and instead invest in education and social programs.

Uh, no. We do not need to drastically cut the military budget. And education should be paid for by the state at least most of it (though if help is needed). As for social programs, what do you mean?

welfare reform. job training, child care, etc. and by education i meant higher education as well as public primary and secondary schools, which does receive federal funding as well.

litchic's photo
Mon 06/30/08 10:27 PM
the bible was written by men -- men with their own prejudices based on the times in which they lived as well as their personal opinions and beliefs. leaders of the early christian church then decided what to keep and what to leave out. therefore the viewpoints expressed in the bible have as much to do with personal interpretation as what divinely inspired.

litchic's photo
Mon 06/30/08 10:04 PM

girls are chicks. guys are dudes. unless they're f*cktards.
classy.

sarcastic, actually. you either get it or you don't.

litchic's photo
Mon 06/30/08 10:03 PM
lingerie. to go to the rocky horror picture show!

litchic's photo
Mon 06/30/08 09:59 PM
girls are chicks. guys are dudes. unless they're f*cktards.

litchic's photo
Mon 06/30/08 09:47 PM
chick. :tongue:

litchic's photo
Mon 06/30/08 09:46 PM

My hand

hope the one hand doesn't know what the other is doing...

Previous 1