Community > Posts By > John

John's photo
Sun 06/13/21 03:16 AM
But you know, in these days of Corona quarantine & lockdowns, there very often isn't much choice. It's either long-distance or a lonely nothing-at-all. Maybe not ideal, but best to make the most of what's available.

John's photo
Sun 06/13/21 02:56 AM
Good communication definitely has to be at the heart of all good relationships, but some potential partners can be a bit shy and introvert and need a lead from us to get going. In those cases if we simply leave it to them there's a risk nothing may happen.

John's photo
Sun 06/13/21 01:40 AM

I can't let something like this bother me.
I agree it ought not to be a bother, but we have to live & learn on these things first. I've been taken in by a couple of recent matches that I thought looked quite promising with their baby-ing, dear-ing, hun-ing etc. only discovering after putting a lot of my time, hopes and dreams into them that they were basically just leading up to requests for financial loans. Suppose I must have been quite naïve to have been fooled by their sweet-talk, but I've ended up sad and disillusioned by the resulting heartache.

John's photo
Tue 06/01/21 09:52 AM
I go carefully through my offered matches, and for those that look promising, I spend time to generate individually worded personal mails as an intro to supplement my posted profile and photos. It's disappointing though, having gone through all this to sometimes find the potential match's account has been withdrawn or deleted.
When an account is withdrawn or deleted, would it be possible to more swiftly remove it from lists of potential matches and thus avoid others like myself wasting their time checking no-longer-existing profiles and composing little personal love-text intros? :cry: