Community > Posts By > Firefly49

Firefly49's photo
Sun 07/05/09 09:42 AM
I know I need to post a better photo. How do I attract those at my age who haven't given up on actively living life, aren't players, and not searching for a replacement to cook, clean and be a dinner or TV companion? Yes ........ I am becoming very cynical......(sigh)

Firefly49's photo
Thu 05/28/09 10:05 PM
The big 6-OH! comes in July and hopefully it will be just like 40 & 50 -- just numbers.

Hi there Vivian!!!!! Another TEXAS gal!!!! And by your profile, you and I would get along great if it wasn't you lived clear on the other side!

Firefly49's photo
Mon 06/23/08 09:17 AM
...and the sad part is that these parents have no idea of the damage that results. My daughter is divorced and struggles constantly with her son, now 6. We are reinforcing respect and appropriate behavior, while her ex and his wife have taught and encouraged the "I don't have to listen to you 'cause you're a B****", attitude. It's already effecting his relationship with his peers and teachersmad mad

Firefly49's photo
Mon 06/23/08 08:34 AM

lov2fish, I like your pic. It speaks volumes and if I were 15-20 yrs younger....

Pic's are a dilema for me. I'm 58 yrs old, quite active and live life to the fullest. If I omit a picture/use avatar, some responders seem to assume at 58, I am fat, ugly, desperate; I have a "glamour" shot elsewhere and the majority are 70+ seeking eye candy & "companionship". Perhaps some are experimenting as I am?

Firefly49's photo
Thu 06/19/08 07:58 AM
Temple AND Conroe area

Firefly49's photo
Thu 06/19/08 07:53 AM
I actually had this happen at the grocery store and the man handled it beautifully. We'd had a great conversation during which he expressed the desire of wanting to talk further about mutual interests and casually slipping in that fact that there was no one in his life.

He borrowed a pen at the deli and wrote down his name and phone number and gave to me stressing his desire that we continue our conversation and would be looking forward to it. Before he walked away, he stopped and handed me his business card, too.

Did I call him? Yes. He not only put the ball in my court but his actions showed respect and alleviated concern on my part. Later he said that he was afraid the business card might scare me off (as he thought guy's handed them out randomly like cookies), but he hoped I would see it as making it more comfortable for me to know a little more about who he was.