Community > Posts By > Gretali

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 06:54 AM

No you didn't 'have to say' that. Especially after answering clearly where you stand.

Next!

Um, yes I did have to say that. Clearly I am not the only one of that opinion. You are aware you are clearly illustrating you feel you have the "right to say whatever", right?

Etiquette, anyone?

Shoes...:heart: Hiya baby doll princess in hiking boots!

In response to a rude reply to a legitimate question? Yes

Next!

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 06:52 AM

you can put perfume on a pig but its still a pig.

Now that was nonsensicalgrumble

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 06:52 AM

I don't feel an "obligation" to get along. There are ways to say "whatever" in a tactful way and there are ways to say it without saying anything.

I have to say this question is totally nonsensical to me.

I concur, its like an ashtry on a motorcyle.

Lose a turn

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 06:51 AM

You don't have a right to say whatever.
You're not obligated to get along.
What's your point?
drinker

Go back two spaces, do not collect $200

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 06:50 AM

Freedom of expression is very important .. however along with that Freedom goes the right to be a moron .. Lucky us

flowerforyou
Thank you

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 06:49 AM

whatever is lame, if you want a real relationship its not about either one of these its not about saying whatever when things get difficult or about completly giving up and getting along with someone its about accepting differences, and being adults knowing you don't have to raise your voice or that sometimes you have to let go of your ego on both sides.. ultimately its about having enought care, love, and concern for the other person to discuss things that need to be discussed in a manner thats beneficial for both parties.

Somewhat vague, but acceptable. Thank you

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 06:48 AM

I don't feel an "obligation" to get along. There are ways to say "whatever" in a tactful way and there are ways to say it without saying anything.

I have to say this question is totally nonsensical to me.

No you didn't 'have to say' that. Especially after answering clearly where you stand.

Next!

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 06:46 AM
Answer the question or stay in the corner

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 06:43 AM
Whats more important to you?
The right to say whatever or the obligation to get along?

no photo
Tue 06/24/08 09:45 PM

i trust that things can get even worse

drinker :cry:
And in that is a strange melancholy peace

no photo
Tue 06/24/08 09:32 PM
Should you quit the site?

noway No, you like it here and you've found friends. You're gonna need them. Especially now.

Someone should start a post to examine why (some(sic)) women who apparently didn't appreciate the man they had and go to extreme lengths to destroy him as he tries, first to survive the loss after she either dumped him for the latest flash, seeker of a$$, or stack of cash that came sniffing!

Yes, I am another of those Damn good men that busted chops, remained faithful, endured, believed (spell that deluded myself) that she was where she said she was until the bitter end. When finally it was over I tried to make my way back to sanity and self tolerance.

Suddenly I was getting attention and met a nice woman or two who would suddenly change or simply disappear, not returning calls. Maybe I was a %#&@, I thought, sinking lower into despair. Eventually found out she was reading my email, telephone voicemail, and IMs, telling these women God only knows what! Why!? She didn't want me, and would only call me herself teasing a wishful fool.

That's not even the half of it and I never put that out there before but I'm gonna stop there, this is not about me.

Pal, you stay right here where you can talk, laugh, share, cry, and everything else with people who will talk, laugh, share, cry right along with you.

BUT, get a random password generator and change every single password to something that has nothing to do with you. Close any account that uses personal information, ie. birthday, favorite pet, etc to validate. And as challenging as it's gonna be look forward, not back!

I said all that to say
NO, Don't leave a place that's good for you because of someone that's been bad for you!noway

no photo
Sun 06/15/08 01:32 PM

drinker to Gretali. Happy Father's Day. Just one question, why are you here nattering with the likes of smartasses like me - shouldn't you be celebrating this special day with 1, 2, or 8 of your 12? It's your day ... go on, get out there and enjoy it with your family. I just got off the phone with mi padre myself and have nothin' but love for the dad's of the world. Nuff said.

Thank you Elaine. flowerforyou
2 are spending the weekend. 4 live out of town and I'm waiting to hear from 1 stationed in Japan, and one in Turkey. CA and VA have already checked in. 3 are coming over at 6 to start with a poolside party by 'children' for parents. 2 are with their mom and her soon-to-be husband, 1 was called away long ago.
Feel blessed that your Dad was there, I'm glad you could at least speak with him today.

Yes, to all the stand-ins, to the mothers who are fathers too, to anyone who has loved a child that otherwise may have had a hole in their world, and today, especially to the Fathers;

Thank you.

Mr. Sully, you are a gentleman;
Happy Fathers Day drinker

no photo
Sun 06/15/08 11:58 AM

To all my Brethren who, like myself, have sweated bullets, feared "Shotgun weddings", made multiple trips to the pharmacy for test kits, have gotten saddled my family as a last minute baby sitter, and still are around, I say "Here's to YOU, Non- Father, Here's to YOU".

I say
BAD TIMING!

True Fathers get little enough thanks and appreciation for the sacrifice, accepting of responsibility, filling the shoes of runaway sperm-donors and absent mothers, working long, thankless hrs to provide, going without so that their children don't, etc, etc!

Ever being the family rock is sometime misread. We need to hear Thanks Dad, we need to hear the kudo's, the recognition, the appreciation - - - even if it only comes once a year . . .

Inside every good father is an big ole softie named

DADDY

It's just one day
Go give a Dad a warm feeling today .Even if he doesn't show it he'll feel it

I say
LIGHTEN UP!

Dad's and Mom's generally get a whole heck of a lot more attention, adulation, focus and 'kudos' in society than adults who for any number of reasons don't have children of their own. I always feel a tinge of guilt and/or sadness when I'm being 'feted' on Mother's Day and I'm surrounded by women who can't/don't have kids and there's no section at Hallmark dedicated to them or their contributions to society.

Let my boy Sully have his moment, today ... he bedazzles me regularly with his witty repartee (and that's no small feat, let me assure you!). The fact that he isn't a father, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to hear 'well done' for going to work every day, being a great (no, make that OUTSTANDING) friend, serving his country, trimming his nose and ear hair on a regular basis, etc.

It's just one day
Go tell a non-Father that you think they rock. Even if he doesn't show it, he'll feel all warm 'n fuzzy inside too.

I Say
The most cherished title a man can hold is the point of the day.
I have 'Fathered' 12, only 1 biologically. I am not alone. What I have in common with other true Fathers is gratefully accepting, even seeking to be there.

Never have I felt 'saddled', or a 'baby-sitter', not once have I
"sweated bullets, feared "Shotgun weddings",-- due to lust without responsibility
hustled off to "made multiple trips to the pharmacy for test kits," hoping for a negative
felt I'd "gotten saddled ..." with a child, nor has one ever felt that from our time spent
felt I was a time-passing, "baby sitter, "

I don't know 'your boy Sully' but

today isn't about his nose hairs tmi)your (protective) friendship, or his service to the country (he's not alone)

It's about being there as a Father.

More power to the part-timers they play a role too. Just don't sully(sic) the willing 24/7/365 team.

'Nuff said

no photo
Sun 06/15/08 10:03 AM
Yeah, the new things have to be learned, and the rest has been moved around.

no photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:55 AM
True Fathers get little enough thanks and appreciation for the sacrifice, accepting of responsibility, filling the shoes of runaway sperm-donors and absent mothers, working long, thankless hrs to provide, going without so that their children don't, etc, etc!

Ever being the family rock is sometime misread. We need to hear Thanks Dad, we need to hear the kudo's, the recognition, the appreciation - - - even if it only comes once a year . . .

DADDY

It's just one day

To all the fathers who stand their ground when the world says its ok for you to run... for walking, talking, working, guiding, training, feeding, sacrificing, being strong, ...

For Loving your children and all the children that were put there to need you . . .

THANKS DAD!
You're the G'reatest!

no photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:51 AM
I say
BAD TIMING!

DADDY

It's just one day

no photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:37 AM
I used to be able to go to a website that had a list, right click and send the list to MS Excel. Is that gone from IE7/Vista??

no photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:36 AM
I used to be able to go to a website that had a list, right click and send the list to MS Excel. Is that gone from IE7/Vista??

no photo
Sun 06/01/08 12:24 PM
There is no difference between law removing choice than woman doing so.
"My body" is the most heinous self-centered murder defense on the planet in light of the fact that what's being created here was begun by two persons, and affects, at the least, 3.
It shames the true nature of the original woman.

no photo
Sun 06/01/08 12:09 PM

I don't think that's fair, just because we're guys, means are thoughts mean nothing, or don't count?

No, your life can be ruined financially though because even if you never wanted a child and always said so, well that's just too bad --- her decision!
Yes she get's to bow out of the mutual responsibility thing but you don't.

No, your emotional life (yes we have those things to -just not on our sleeves) can be ruined because even if you want the child that you created together you have no say when she says flush --- her decision!