Community > Posts By > Auralis

Auralis's photo
Sun 07/06/08 10:22 PM
It's horrible, the pain we go through when losing a spouse, but nice to have a place to share our experiences with the folks we know truly understand.

I lost my husband suddenly after a traffic accident, he held on for 4 days in ICU before the injuries overtook his life. We were 19 days short of our first anniversary. We were a couple for 4 yrs prior to marriage.

He was my soulmate, my friend, my lover and my spouse. I know he would want me to go on, so I try. It's all we can do.

The hardest thing is being home alone. I get out, I date, I see friends and family, but I come home to no one and that is hard on good days, horrible on bad days.

I am thankful for all my widow/widower friends, I joined an online group, and several of us are myspace friends, there for support and encouragement.

I look forward to meeting someone in the future, not to take his place, but to enrich each other's lives in the way that two people do. It will be different and unique and that's what makes dating and new relationships interesting and fun. I wish everyone here hope of having that.

Glo