Community > Posts By > puppymupps

puppymupps's photo
Sat 02/16/13 11:08 PM
Hey Tammy.

Fairly new to the site. Looking for friendship, love and who knows. So far zip for luck on the site, so maybe it's not for me. We'll see I guess.

puppymupps's photo
Tue 01/22/13 12:05 AM

I met a guy (from Mingle) for a bite to eat and a little conversation. I think it went well..don't know what the future holds but I did it..I searched local profiles, found one I liked emailed him and went ahead and met up after only a few days and a few email exchanges.Yay..me. :banana:

Only thing that was a bit awkward was when I realized I had forgotten to ask for separate checks. I had fully expected to go dutch but didn't realize the situation until two hours had gone by and the check arrived (that's how comfortable I was and how well the conversation was going)...and I had no cash on me slaphead ..he graciously paid for both meals and the tip. Thinking of a couple different ways I could/should have handled it but I was also a little worried I might offend or give the impression I didn't want to meet up again.

I am sure this has been discussed many times..none-the-less I would like some input.

You did everything right when you emailed him to meet again and you look after the check. In my opinion, if you ask someone out for coffee etc, then it should be you that picks up the check. Good job for making the first move!:smile: drinker

puppymupps's photo
Mon 01/21/13 11:59 PM
I agree with ddupuis on the second part of his theory whereby true love will take time to blossem and flourish; it could very well take years. I think alot of people initially mistake true love with infatuation whereby they cannot be apart from that person for any length of time. Sadly, in most cases, this will end up with the infatuated persons feelings being severely hurt.

puppymupps's photo
Mon 01/21/13 11:54 PM
Hello all, just joined the site and looking forward to seeing where it goes. Lots of interesting topics in the forums.:smile:

puppymupps's photo
Mon 01/21/13 11:44 PM
Hi All;

I just joined this site today and have really enjoyed reading all the responses to this issue. My opinion is yes, there are lots of wonderful men and women out there, but are we setting the bar too high. Alot have talked about visual and I can understand that on both ends. We all want some beauty or handsome that we can be proud to walk down the street with, but in time that will wear away. What about the nice gal or guy that happens to have a child or two and the moment some of us read that, we move on to the next profile, or what about someone who drinks a tiny bit too much or has the ocassional cigarette. Nice guys and girls are not perfect, so my advice is talk to lots of people, have dates and see where it goes. Nice guys and girls, in my opinion, typically won't ask to sleep with you on the first date anyway due to shyness, courtesy, decency and respect for you and themselves. So next time you see someone in your area looking, say hello and see where it goes. Sorry, rambling on.