Community > Posts By > JustNathan

JustNathan's photo
Mon 03/01/21 11:50 AM
Hello, I am not a scientist. I'm just ordinary girl from a random city working as a psychologist. However I believe that there might be life on other planets.

If the process of life can start on earth, why can't the same process occur on any other planet? Life taking place on a planet is an extremely rare thing. That's why earth is the only planet that holds life in our entire solar system according to the research today.

But our galaxy is so huge! We still haven't discovered planets containing life. There are infinite galaxies and infinite planets in the universe. If the process of life can happen on earth, why can't the same process happen on any other planet?

I believe that somewhere out there on a strange planet of some unknown galaxy life does exist. We just haven't found it yet.

We ignore the planets that don't contain oxygen, water, etc the things that we need for our survival because we feel if there's no oxygen, there won't be any life. But what if we are looking at it all wrong? Maybe life there doesn't require oxygen. How's that possible? Take trees for example here on earth. They don't need oxygen. They give us oxygen!

I'm not trying to prove Nasa or other space companies wrong. They're truly awesome and they've got highly intelligent human beings and advanced technologies that are capable to do things we cannot even imagine! But I'm just saying this might also be possible. Let me know if you think we are not alone :)

They are aware of the possibility of alien life, it's just our ability to view said life is extremely limited. Given the amount of planets in our current solar system/galaxy that provide the correct resources to host life are extremely low. There are still probably 73 million planets that can host human/ alien life but our scientist can only view 3-4. One of those planets was only found just recently. Not to mention the closest planet that has the ability to host life is so far away that our telescopes are viewing it millions of years in that planets past. As we do not have a device that can view these planets in there current time. Just as if you were on one of these planets with a telescope powerful enough to view earth, you would see any movement because you're viewing Earth 12 million years ago. One of the reasons we know this is because of when we were trying to measure the speed of light by shining a lazer down a pipe. You'd need one clock at the beginning of the pipe to tell when light entered the tunnel and a clock at the end of the pipe in sync with the clock at the beginning to stop when the light passes through the senor to measure the time. Their first idea was to have both of the clocks at the beginning and when the first clock starts the second clock rides along a rail system to the end of the pipe to catch the light with it's sensor to stop the timer. Their issues were that the clock on a rail wouldn't be able to keep up with the light and even if it could although the clocks were synced at the start of the pipe, when the clock on a rail would reach the end of the the pipe, the clocks wouldn't be in sync anymore. This observation of time multiplied by the distance between planets make it extremely hard to view other planets in their current time zone making it more complicated to view alien life.