Jdcva's photo
Tue 07/07/09 02:02 PM
Si...Me too brutus!

Jdcva's photo
Thu 06/04/09 07:06 AM
Action Quake baby!

Jdcva's photo
Thu 06/04/09 02:56 AM
Crazy GSXR 750 AND MY LOW AND SLOW VT1100 Bobber style.

Jdcva's photo
Wed 06/03/09 04:27 AM

Never heard of river dolphin but MahiMahi is dolphin.

http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/t/656300.aspx

Above is a picture of a tasty MahiMahi.

Several species of river dolphin exist all over the world, many of which are endangered and unlike our friend mahi look alot like "Flipper".

Just sharing some info.

Jdcva's photo
Sat 05/31/08 06:27 PM
Edited by Jdcva on Sat 05/31/08 06:29 PM
jdcva wrote:

I feel sick that people would even consider these two!

I agree. But, even so, either one of them is still better than McCain. sick

I think too many Americans are going to vote based on bigotry rather than using intelligence.

Of these three candidates I would have to vote Obama as the best of the three.

He’s the only true humanitarian in the bunch.

I respectfully disagree with a vote for the big O face. Hillary and Obama are super Liberal...I just don't think that is what our country needs. I certainly cannot afford the giant tax hike us upper middle classers will get and extra cost of required programs like universal health care that will come down the pipe. Not to mention the experience level that the two dems bring to the table. I agree though that McCaine is a little out there, but at least he is his own man and not quite as far out as say Ron Paul. I watched an interview with Jesse Ventura (sp?) where he said we should add a vote of no confidence on the ballot. I couldn't agree more...Wouldn't it be great to show just how dissapointed we are as a nation with the puppets they push in front of us?

Jdcva's photo
Sat 05/31/08 07:21 AM
Edited by Jdcva on Sat 05/31/08 07:28 AM

A gallup poll is an a true research study, that was a self report poll. It can not be concluded that repubs truly have better mental health than dems.

btw i'm republican.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/102943/Republicans-Report-Much-Better-Mental-Health-Than-Others.aspx#1

Your right this isn't a research study into the mental health. It was a study on self reported mental health done by gallup. Though I can think of at least one shrink that published information showing the same to be true. No offense if you meant it, but lately I have been seeing alot of dems posting "btw i'm republican" to dismiss information. I didn't post this to make people think dems are crazy no matter what my opinion may be. So now that I have explained what the poll was...The question remains. Why would dems report poor mental health for themselves? Why would independants and republicans have a much higher opinion of personal mental health?

I am a moderate republican! I am not trying to dismiss the information, just point out that this is not a valid indicator to good mental health and polictical affliation.

Um...Not sure where the article said that this was an indication of mental health vs political affiliation.

Again:
I didn't post this to make people think dems are crazy no matter what my opinion may be. So now that I have explained what the poll was...The question remains. Why would dems report poor mental health for themselves? Why would independants and republicans have a much higher opinion of personal mental health?

Dang...this was supposed to be a fun topic. In light of that...everyone have a great weekend. This post has gone down a road I didn't intend and have no real interest in.

Jdcva's photo
Sat 05/31/08 07:10 AM

well, it just goes to show how much you should take out of polls. I mean others keep quoting polls about what percentage of americans want us to pull out. For the record, I can't remember ever being polled on any of this.

Yea I am with you on that. I just found this interesting because the poll was asking people what they thought about their own mental health.

Jdcva's photo
Sat 05/31/08 07:07 AM

A gallup poll is an a true research study, that was a self report poll. It can not be concluded that repubs truly have better mental health than dems.

btw i'm republican.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/102943/Republicans-Report-Much-Better-Mental-Health-Than-Others.aspx#1

Your right this isn't a research study into the mental health. It was a study on self reported mental health done by gallup. Though I can think of at least one shrink that published information showing the same to be true. No offense if you meant it, but lately I have been seeing alot of dems posting "btw i'm republican" to dismiss information. I didn't post this to make people think dems are crazy no matter what my opinion may be. So now that I have explained what the poll was...The question remains. Why would dems report poor mental health for themselves? Why would independants and republicans have a much higher opinion of personal mental health?

Jdcva's photo
Sat 05/31/08 06:39 AM

drinker Sooooo what's your point,,,,,?????? grumble

grumble Oh I Seeeeee,,,,,

Stirring the pot,!!!!!!! grumble

Just adding some information that I found to be interesting and wanted to see what people had to say in response.

drinker Whatever smokin

Thank you for that deep insight...I can't wait to read your next post. You must be offended and I get that from the way you have responded, but I didn't make the poll. So maybe instead of dismissing it you will comment on it. It being the topic provided. Taking shots at me over the internet for posting information is pointless.

Jdcva's photo
Sat 05/31/08 06:06 AM

drinker Sooooo what's your point,,,,,?????? grumble

grumble Oh I Seeeeee,,,,,

Stirring the pot,!!!!!!! grumble

Just adding some information that I found to be interesting and wanted to see what people had to say in response.

Jdcva's photo
Sat 05/31/08 06:00 AM
Here we go!

Jdcva's photo
Sat 05/31/08 05:59 AM
Republicans Report Having Better Mental Health Than Democrats, Poll Finds
Saturday, December 01, 2007

E-Mail Print Respond Digg This! del.icio.us
Don't worry, be happy: If you're a Republican, those words should be easy to follow.

A roundup of Gallup health polls over the past four years finds that Republicans are far more likely than Democrats to report having excellent mental health.

The survey found that 58 percent of Republicans polled reported having excellent mental health. Only 38 percent of Democrats and 43 percent of Independents reported the same.

The study concluded it was unclear why there was such a strong correlation, but the relationship between party affiliation and mental health was virtually constant even within categories of income, age, gender and other factors.

"The reason the relationship exists between being a Republican and more positive mental health is unknown, and one cannot say whether something about being a Republican causes a person to be more mentally healthy or whether something about being mentally healthy causes a person to choose to become a Republican," the study said.

The study speculated that the fact that Republicans have on average higher incomes than members of others parties could play a factor. But in the study, even Republicans making less than $50,000 a year reported having excellent health far more than Democrats earning the same.

The study was based on interviews with 4,014 American adults who were at least 18 years old, conducted from November 2004 through 2007. The margin of error was 2 percent.

Jdcva's photo
Fri 05/30/08 11:52 PM
I feel sick that people would even consider these two!

Jdcva's photo
Thu 05/22/08 06:44 PM
And an outie...:wink:

Jdcva's photo
Thu 05/22/08 06:40 PM
Innie

Jdcva's photo
Thu 05/22/08 06:38 PM
False...The person below me is a big fan of nipple tassels.

Jdcva's photo
Thu 05/22/08 02:16 PM

Beautiful

So are you

blushing

Jdcva's photo
Thu 05/22/08 10:49 AM
Beautiful

Jdcva's photo
Wed 05/21/08 04:19 PM

How much older?

Ummm yeah...Exactly

Jdcva's photo
Wed 05/21/08 12:02 PM
If I had to give it to a Charity I would prefer to start up my own. It would either focus on children or armed forces. This way I can still get paid for my time and do something great!

Previous 1