Community > Posts By > djpilgrim

djpilgrim's photo
Thu 05/22/08 09:16 PM
Edited by djpilgrim on Thu 05/22/08 09:19 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa145/pilgrimUS/may25th.jpg

djpilgrim's photo
Sun 05/18/08 12:32 AM
wow, i'm suprised @ the forum. . . no ideas for something positive.

that's ok..

i know a few places worth the effort. if anyone else is up to the task, do post.

djpilgrim's photo
Tue 05/06/08 07:14 PM
Exactly Krav' :-p

what kind of party?

well, if we are to gather folks somewhere so people can introduce themselfs in person... once a month gatherings would be ideal.

as for what event? it's worth brain storming over.

djpilgrim's photo
Tue 05/06/08 02:16 PM
Edited by djpilgrim on Tue 05/06/08 02:19 PM
i took this from a previous post i had made..
i did edit it some but, worth the text to pick through.

everywhere is fun! you just have to be in the right place at the right time with the right people!!

also, depends what your interest is in.

night out on the town? all you need to do is search www.citysearch.com <- i suggest this for the upscale restaurant choices they provide.

as far as clubs? again all personal prefrance. though the locations for high energy dance clubs are miami,hollywood, tampa, orlando,cape canaveral , jacksonville, daytona beach & deland.
country western bars are all over the state.
hiphop clubs are found in the same locations you find the high energy dance clubs.
rock'n'roll clubs are found in miami, tampa, orlando, cape canaveral & daytona.. as far as i know.

roller coasters & theme parks? you have busch guardens tampabay (tampa), universal orlando (ioa, islands of adventure)
disney (orlando). i have passed by an amusment park north I-75
somewhere close to Gainesville. now i never been & know nothing about this amusment park. though i have seen signs for it.
also since i haven't been in Gainesville in over 5 years? i'll leave info for Gainesville to someone more knowlaged.

hope this all helps!! :-p

err oh! yea.. bars & pubs i didn't include.

djpilgrim's photo
Tue 05/06/08 02:07 PM
Brilliant!!!

i agree! now to brainstorm on event details :-p

djpilgrim's photo
Mon 05/05/08 06:35 PM
Edited by djpilgrim on Mon 05/05/08 06:40 PM
nice! anything interesting your direction?

i should drive to panama to venture a bit.. :-)

djpilgrim's photo
Mon 05/05/08 06:18 PM
Happy Cinco De Mayo!

A-bit-O History:
In 1861 the Mexican Underdogs held their fort to the french troops that out numbered them by thousands!

djpilgrim's photo
Sat 05/03/08 04:00 PM
Edited by djpilgrim on Sat 05/03/08 04:01 PM
everywhere is fun! you just have to be in the right place at the right time with the right people!!

also, depends what your interest is in.

if your looking for concerts they popcorn the state.. so up to you to choose your location.

camping? plenty of state forests & parks to play in.
i know sarasota has one close to the beach that's really nice.
but, that again is personal prefrance.

night out on the town? all you need to do is search www.citysearch.com <- i suggest this for the upscale restaurant choices they provide.

as far as clubs? again all personal prefrance. though the locations for high energy dance clubs are miami,hollywood, tampa, orlando,cape canaveral , jacksonville, daytona beach & deland.
country western bars are all over the state.
hiphop clubs are found in the same locations you find the high energy dance clubs.
rock'n'roll clubs are found in miami, tampa, orlando, cape canaveral & daytona.. as far as i know.

cinimas? i'm sure you can find a movie theater in any metro location.

roller coasters & theme parks? you have busch guardens tampabay (tampa), universal orlando (ioa, islands of adventure)
disney (orlando). i have passed by an amusment park north I-75
somewhere close to Gainesville. now i never been & know nothing about this amusment park. though i have seen signs for it.
also since i haven't been in Gainesville in over 5 years? i'll leave info for Gainesville to someone more knowlaged.

other than that you do have beaches surounding you 3 out of 4 points of the state and cruises out of all 3 major ports ( miami, tampa & cape canaveral) though again i have no info for jacksonville ports..

hope this all helps!! :-p

djpilgrim's photo
Fri 05/02/08 06:08 PM
interesting (scratches head)

i know i'm not restricted to travel.
rather i actualy like traveling the state.

though with the price for gas rising, i do have some limitation to as how far the distance i'm willing to travel in the order of finding some happyness.

additionaly, that still doesn't account for no community board room for Orlando folks. seeing that orlando locals live in orlando or surrounding citys. an creating a orlando posterboard would eventualy gather posts for said locals.

i guess in anycase.. i'll be the first :-)

djpilgrim's photo
Thu 05/01/08 05:39 PM
excellent!! nice to see you all active! rush, looking good!! :-p

i just joined jsh and ofcourse noticed in the forums no orlando community? is this site new or something?

djpilgrim's photo
Wed 04/30/08 08:34 PM
hello all! i thought i would say hi & announce my location since i didn't see orlando as a topic.

djpilgrim's photo
Wed 04/30/08 08:30 PM
:-p thanks again you all! i figure i'll find a nitch in the florida forum ... hopefuly? anyhow, have a blast!!!

djpilgrim's photo
Wed 04/30/08 08:26 PM
lol thanks .. but i'm use to the heat.. being in florida an all :-p

djpilgrim's photo
Wed 04/30/08 08:22 PM
thanks you all! i'm impressed this forum moves so fast!

djpilgrim's photo
Wed 04/30/08 08:16 PM
hello folks! my names ron.
i'm new to the site.
figured i would atleast introduce myself.