Community > Posts By > Hope1980

Hope1980's photo
Sat 05/03/08 07:57 AM
Oh he expresses it alright. He's gotten on the phone with his dad and yells at him "I dont wanna talk to you" and then hangs up. His dad doesn't put a limit on visitation, he doesn't visit, he's never home for Caleb to go to his house, he only calls him now and then. He never helps financially, never buys gifts for birthdays, he doesn't even call him on his birthdays. He just calls once in a blue moon to say hi and by then Caleb's mad at him and doesn't wanna talk to him.

Hope1980's photo
Sat 05/03/08 07:53 AM
thanks for the responses, but to answer your question no he can't be a good dad. I've always wanted him to be, I've given him chances to be. I've brought our son to his house and he doesn't know how to be a dad. He doesn't know how to play with him, he freaked out and started crying the first time he had to bath him, he never pays for anything, not even gifts for birthdays and christmas. And the last time I brought our son to see him he wouldn't even answer the door he yelled he was too busy to see Caleb through the door. So its not that me and him just don't get along, we don't but thats not why he's not there for Caleb. But thanks for the advice, I have accepted his daddy will never be a good dad, I just pray he will be okay without a daddy.

Hope1980's photo
Fri 05/02/08 09:24 AM
I have a four year old son and although he has lots of uncles in his life he doesn't have his father. I've tried to get his father to be a positive part of his life but the only time his daddy talks to him is when he's disappointing him. My son goes through phases of wanting to see his dad and disliking him--alot, and now I believe he is too smart for his own good and his using his intelligence to act out sometimes. Could it be because he is a four-year old boy being a boy or something else? At what point is his belhaving non-age appropriate??