Community > Posts By > salvatore35

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 10:03 AM
Ok gotta split for a bit.Be back later!

Help yourselves to the stale potatoe chips and flat soda!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:57 AM

well as it's called 'we are all one', i would just like to confirm that i most certainly am one winking

I'm one too! flowerforyou
You are a peach..but together we are a pair!
(Corny 101)

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:55 AM
Welcome Fifer!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:52 AM
:heart: Waterloo is Love:heart:

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:51 AM

:angry: I thought this thread was supposed to make us feel all warm and fuzzy. You're all complicating it by verbiage!!!! :tongue:

Come on let's go back to feeling the luuuuuuv.... :banana:
Learning is part of love.Understanding is part of love!I seek to find what people feel and how I may have some facts wrong!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:51 AM

No, it's not that simple. This is a very complicated question and there are no simple responses, which is why I asked for an example. All I can say is, if I were your mother, and I had the same number of years experience, education, and senority and still earning less than the man and I said nothing or continued in that employ without broaching the subject.... well then I would work for less money because I chose to.
What if she can't afford to lose her job and is afraid to say something...that still doesn't make sense that it can continue to go on like that.I hear you..we all are responsible for ourselves...but the down trotted people..trying to feed a family without a significant other...who could lose everything if they speak up...that to me is terrorism.Men and woman should be paid equally on the same job inherently.That is why i say..we need a change.The old way isn't working anymore.
There are alot of voicless woman..who deserve better pay to provide for their families!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:45 AM

Why is it so bad to have a conversation..or are you just here to instigate...which is ok too!I love human conversation!

There is nothing wrong with conversation. However, you asked a question about a complicated matter that has been partially explained by Sociology 101... I was just giving you key words to look up for more information.

If you feel that I am 'instigating' then by all means report me to admin/mods.
I would never do that.I am glad you are here!I truly find you to be a good person!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:44 AM

I am not paid less because I am a woman. I work in the public sector. These issues exist in the private sector, an area with which I am not as familiar. As to your mother, if she has the same experience and senority as the man in question, she earns less money because she chooses to do the same work for less money.
There is a part of me that doesn't think it is that simple...but i could be wrong.I may have a talk with her.But this is something I hear woman talk about alot and just want to be a bit more educated on it I guess!
Lilith..whatever we have said in the past..please understand I respect you and really glad you took the time to answer my question!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:40 AM

Tanya..if you keep this up..you will flip my thread..and that in and of itself is awesome!

huh
flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:38 AM

Lilith...do you feel women should get paid as much as men do when they are doing the exact same job.Why is it that they don't?
I am not comming at you..this is something i truly can't wrap my head around!

Google 'male priviledge' and 'Glass ceiling' and you should get your answers.
Why is it so bad to have a conversation..or are you just here to instigate...which is ok too!I love human conversation!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:37 AM

Lilith...do you feel women should get paid as much as men do when they are doing the exact same job.Why is it that they don't?

It would be easier to reply if you provided a specific example.
Well it's happening all over America..women who have the same office job as a man..get's paid less.My mom is a perfect example...she does the same work as a co worker..and because he is a man..he is paid more money.I am not uncovering a secret here.Hell..woman had to fight for the right to be equal..and are still doing it.I am just curious as to..do you feel it is right..that because you are a woman..you will get paid less!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:35 AM

Perception is everything!

Perception is how you interpret life, events, and situations. No matter how one perceives their environment there exists the ability to re-frame everything and adjust perception with information, experience, and judgment. Framework trumps perception. Of course, framework is a reality based delayed reaction.
Thank you for that!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:32 AM
Tanya..if you keep this up..you will flip my thread..and that in and of itself is awesome!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:31 AM

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:29 AM
Perception is everything!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:28 AM
:heart: Love is Forgivness:heart:

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:27 AM
Edited by salvatore35 on Wed 06/10/09 09:28 AM

I though it was 'too funny' that singmesweet and I both posted definitions for the words.
I apologize!You didn't state that..now that is funny as well!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:24 AM

:laughing: Too funny!
I see the humor too..love it!

You see the humor in what?
In the difference of my mistaken thought about flattery and compliment!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:23 AM

True he did stay alive for a veryshort while in 1980 long enough to say his finally words.
His final words were"I am John Lennon" that is a true statement!

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 09:22 AM

:laughing: Too funny!
I see the humor too..love it!