Community > Posts By > l948flowers

l948flowers's photo
Mon 06/16/08 01:23 PM
I don't regret my choice to check up on someone I only know from online or on the phone. Online, on the phone or in person, anyone can be anyone they want to be. I am truthful and want to be trustful of others....but I say better safe than sorry. I don't regret this person knowing I checked up on him. It was obvious that he had something to hide or else he wouldn't have gotten so mad. Afterall, why would he have been so offended if everything he had told me had been the truth. I feel like if I tell the truth, it's what I expect of others.....but in reality I know that is not the case.

Girls, out there, Be Safe, not sorry after investing your emotions and finding out that what you think you are getting is not what you thought you were getting. Would you invest in a car without getting a carfax? Invest in a house without getting an inspection or appraisal? And those are material things....not your heart or personal being.

l948flowers's photo
Mon 06/16/08 09:21 AM
Hey, Thanks everyone for replying to my post this morning....sorry for not being able to stay at the computer and read them as they came in....had to go to a meeting....gotta work for a living....bummmer....I paid for a background check after the initial check at publicdata turned up that age difference. I told my friends the very first time I saw his picture that he looked 10 yrs older than me....turnes out I was right.

I work in a field where I see people victimized everyday, I work in a field of mostly women....At my age I'm not doing the bar scene and can't expect prince charming to ride up on his white horse and knock on my front door. I want to date again, but I also want to feel safe.

Thanks for all the encouragement....Onward!

Sherry

l948flowers's photo
Mon 06/16/08 07:58 AM
Hi my name is Sherry, new to dating (again@60) after 13 yrs. The last time I did internet dating it was in it's infancy. So here's my situation. I had a date last week with what I thought was a nice guy. But the internet being what it is where anyone can be anything they want to be, I did a background check on this guy. My initial results sent up a flag. I agreed to meet at a public place, just to see for myself. His profile said he was 57, but other info indicated he was 70. Said he was a retired lawyer and that sometimes his sister? lived with him (she kinds popped in and out when between relationships). Records did say he was a retired lawyer, but open property records said that his sister? also was listed as co-owning the property.

Here's what I believe....he was 70 and the sister? was a wife. I never revealed all that I knew, but when he picked up that I knew more that he was telling me, he got mad....said I had invaded is privacy. I think he had lots to hide.

Have any of you done background checks....she we let them know?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Sherry