Community > Posts By > ok72076

ok72076's photo
Mon 01/19/09 04:48 PM
we had 4 ladies and 3 men show up at Classics.

If you like to dance, find out when the Bobbysox Crew shows up to swing dance. They can really cut a rug.

ok72076's photo
Thu 01/15/09 08:05 PM
if you're interested, dinner before hand will be either at Bennigans in NLR around 5ish or cracker barrel at the same time... we'll decide Friday night. Post interest here or date hook up if interested.

ok72076's photo
Sun 01/11/09 09:15 PM
check out this topic on DateHookUp forums ... parties start small but should be nice and fun.

ok72076's photo
Thu 01/08/09 07:55 PM

We have a 3-day weekend coming up.
Get warmed up by coming to a meet and greet at the Classics Nite Club in North Little Rock on Saturday, Jan. 17.
7 pm until midnight.

Classics Nite Club is off Pershing and I-40/JFK-Main Street by the NLR police station and the NLR Library.
There are restuarants nearby and at McCain if you want to get friends together first.

Classics plays mostly Classic Rock and Roll with some Country tossed in as well and will take requests.

If there is not sufficient interest shown for this event it will be cancelled so sign up!

IF you planning to attend and bringing guest.. mark your intentions and post how many guest you are bringing with you.

Thanks and I do hope this can be successful and more and more events to be held in the future.

Hotel arrangements are also being made. Classics is in one motel and there's another next door!
Email for further details if you don't want it on the web.

ok72076's photo
Fri 08/15/08 06:49 PM
Hello,

Gas is down to $3.39 in Jacksonville.

If you want to come meet, a small group is suppose to get together at 1'30 pm saturday Aug. 16 at the Clinton Library since it is free on his birthday. See the democrat newspaper for the ad.

After that, tentative plans are to have dinner at I-hop, play a litle cards and talk afterward, and check out Classics Nightclub on Pershing in NLR.

Other events being planned by ladies on another site, p l e n t y o f f i s h, include a dinner next friday in Beebe, dancing and dinner at Cajuns next Saturday, aug. 23; and bowling next sunday at 3'30 in maumelle.

Feel free to check things out.

ok72076's photo
Wed 07/16/08 07:24 PM
OK... It's set. If anyone wants to join us, be at Benigans at NLR on Pershing around 5;30 or later, and then you can either party with the other group or check out Boogies.

ok72076's photo
Mon 07/14/08 07:30 PM
Also,

If anyone else is going to the POF Legion party on july 19th, let's push LOVE SONGS to set the moody for loving.

VH1 Top 100 Love Songs
100 Every Rose Has Its Thorn Poison
99 Hero Enrique Iglesias
98 I Need Love LL Cool J
97 Nobody Wants To Be Lonely Ricky Martin
96 I Just Want To Be Your Everything Andy Gibb
95 It Must Have Been Love Roxette
94 This I Promise You *NSYNC
93 We Belong Pat Benatar
92 All Out Of Love Air Supply
91 Alison Elvis Costello
90 Back At One Brian McKnight
89 I Want You To Want Me Cheap Trick
88 Thankyou Dido
87 Is This Love Whitesnake
86 Secret Garden Bruce Springsteen
85 Careless Whisper Wham!
84 Time After Time Cyndi Lauper
83 I'll Make Love To You Boyz II Men
82 Wicked Game Chris Isaak
81 Total Eclipse Of The Heart Bonnie Tyler
80 Islands In The Stream - (with Dolly Parton) Kenny Rogers
79 Sweet Child O' Mine Guns N' Roses
78 I'll Be Edwin McCain
77 All Cried Out Lisa Lisa
76 Love To Love You Baby Donna Summer
75 Baby, I Love Your Way Peter Frampton
74 I Feel For You Chaka Khan
73 Save The Best For Last Vanessa Williams
72 Love Will Keep Us Together Captain & Tennille
71 Whole Lotta Love Led Zeppelin
70 I Think I Love You David Cassidy
69 Never Tear Us Apart INXS
68 More Than a Feeling Boston
67 Eternal Flame The Bangles
66 Iris Goo Goo Dolls
65 Here And Now Luther Vandross
64 I Melt With You Modern English
63 How Do I Live - (Extended Mix) LeAnn Rimes
62 To Be With You Mr. Big (Metal)
61 Alone Heart
60 Three Times A Lady The Commodores
59 Faithfully Journey
58 Best Of My Love The Emotions
57 I Want To Know What Love Is Foreigner
56 First Time Ever I Saw Your Face Roberta Flack
55 I'll Stand By You The Pretenders
54 Fallin' Alicia Keys
53 Mandy Barry Manilow
52 Love Bites Def Leppard
51 That's The Way Love Goes Janet Jackson
50 Always Atlantic Starr
49 I Can't Make You Love Me Bonnie Raitt
48 By Your Side Sade
47 I Would Die 4 U Prince
46 Let's Stay Together Al Green
45 Un-Break My Heart Toni Braxton
44 Time Of My Life (I've Had) (with Jennifer Warnes) Bill Medley
43 More Than Words Extreme
42 I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) Meat Loaf
41 Beth Kiss
40 You're Still The One Shania Twain
39 I'll Be There For You Bon Jovi
38 Crazy For You Madonna
37 Don't Speak No Doubt
36 You're The First, The Last, My Everything Barry White
35 Superstar The Carpenters
34 Keep On Loving You REO Speedwagon
33 I Do It For You, (Everything I Do) Bryan Adams
32 Woman John Lennon
31 You Are The Sunshine Of My Life Stevie Wonder
30 Because You Loved Me (Theme From "Up Close & Personal") Celine Dion
29 Always On My Mind Willie Nelson
28 Let's Get It On Marvin Gaye
27 You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim) Rod Stewart
26 Babe Styx
25 You Are So Beautiful Joe Cocker
24 Wonderful Tonight Eric Clapton
23 Unforgettable - (with Nat "King" Cole) Natalie Cole
22 You Don't Bring Me Flowers - (with Barbra Streisand) Neil Diamond
21 You're The One That I Want - (with John Travolta) Olivia Newton-John
20 I Got You Babe Sonny & Cher
19 If You Leave Me Now Chicago
18 In Your Eyes Peter Gabriel
17 Breathe Faith Hill
16 Fly Me To The Moon Frank Sinatra
15 She's Got A Way Billy Joel
14 I Honestly Love You Olivia Newton-John
13 Nothing Compares 2 U Sinéad O'Connor
12 How Deep Is Your Love The Bee Gees
11 At Last Etta James
10 I Don't Want To Miss A Thing Aerosmith
9 I'll Be There The Jackson 5
8 Your Song Elton John
7 Endless Love - (with Diana Ross) Lionel Richie
6 Unchained Melody The Righteous Brothers
5 Maybe I'm Amazed Paul McCartney
4 Open Arms Journey
3 My Heart Will Go On (from "Titanic") Celine Dion
2 Love Me Tender Elvis Presley
1 I Will Always Love You Whitney Houston

BACK TO MUSIC ARCHIVE

BACK TO MUSIC

ok72076's photo
Fri 07/11/08 08:32 PM

Anyone interested in doing an early dinner, 6ish, on July 19th prior to a dance going on at the American Legion in downtown LR as part of another singles free site?

I'm thinking of something around McCain before things get busy or Bennigans at motel that has Boggies the younger ones who may not want to join the older crowd at Legion?

ok72076's photo
Fri 06/27/08 07:12 PM

4.19 here in Stuttgart last I checked. But you should have seen it after the tornado a month ago. It went up to 4.70 a gallon.

It seemed like it was over $4 IN WEST LR tonight. But jax is about $3.79.

ok72076's photo
Sat 06/14/08 07:49 PM

i think we all need to buy us a scooter, you know those litle motors ized bikes lolbigsmile

Great minds must think alike, because I've actually thought of that but kind of worry about $$ and how it would handle this big teddybear.

ok72076's photo
Sat 06/14/08 07:44 PM
yes, doing away with lay away was one of wal-mart's bad decisions.
You might check Cabot Kmart to see if they still have layaway or just break out that plastic.

ok72076's photo
Sat 06/14/08 07:25 AM

Thanks for the info, OK, I have a pool in the back yard, but a museum would be a nice place to take the kids. I'll check into that.

(((Cleo))) I thought you lived in AR. I'm gonna check out the River Market. And my son told me they are having the Power Tour Car Show this weekend at the fairgrounds. I may try to check that out also.flowerforyou

I sent this privately too to her, but for anyone else with bored kids, check out the following. Hopefully most of the information is still good.

By ok72076

Special to
Are your young children or grandkids driving you nuts, bouncing off the walls and trying to destroy your just cleaned house? Well, do something about it... run away!

Central Arkansas weather can often seem too hot, too cold or too wet to send your young children outside. But no matter what the season, with a little advance knowledge you can escape your home and let your rug rats have fun.

Staying Indoors for Winter

While not as cold as Minot, North Dakota, Central Arkansas' weather can be unpredictable and can mean staying indoors. Newcomers to the greater Tri-Suburb area of Jacksonville-Cabot-Sherwood just need to check out this fine publication, a few other publications such as Kids Magazine and Family Magazine, and the phone book.

No matter what the temperature is outside, the Jacksonville. Cabot and Sherwood Community Centers are open most days, with indoor pools, basketball courts, exercise equipment, and walking tracks.

The Jacksonville pool starts out at 2.5 feet and deepens to 8 or 9 feet. It features open swim and lap swimming areas. Admission is $3 for adult Jacksonville residents, and $2 for youth.

The Sherwood pool is different, with both ends of the pool 4-feet deep and the center 4.5-feet deep. The Sherwood pool use to have a water basketball goal and balls to use to shoot baskets from the water.

The New Cabot Community Center has a pool that is about 4 feet deep, a small exercise/weight room above the gym, walking track, basketball court and sometimes a ping pong table is out. Also, internet for people to use.

More kids exercise

Kids need some more exercise? The three cities each have their roller skating rink and West Little Rock has an combination ice-skating rink and roller skating rink. Call the businesses for special times for very young, slow skaters.

Additionally, Sherwood, Cabot and the air base both have bowling lanes. Call the bowling centers about times and use of bumpers for kids. The Cabot center is Brand New.

Do you have an older sibling to watch a younger brother or sister? Martin Street Youth Center offers children ages 8 to 17 a place to shoot pool on one of three tables, play air hockey, ping pong, or fussball. Basketballs and other equipment are also available.

The center use to be open to the public, but several years ago the Jacksonville Parks Commission decided to discriminate against adults and has barred adults from playing there. And, this includes parents and grandparents wanting to play with their youngsters.

The center was open after school and Saturdays. The center is off North First Street at the Martin Street stoplight.
Additionally, Jacksonville has a Boys and Girls Club on Graham Road, which is open after school and Saturdays.

Cabot and Sherwood had similar centers but I'm not as familiar with them.

Playful Meals

Are the kids hungry and you still need to do some shopping? For the price of a Happy Meal, you can keep the rug rats content in Cabot while you shop at K-Mart, Knights, Kroger, the small Wal-Mart, or other local shops. Drop off the kids and their dad or grandpa and enjoy the free time.

At the first Cabot exit, the Hwy. 5 exit, Burger King has a big indoor playground. At the second Cabot exit, Burger King has a small indoor playground that is better for younger children. Across the street, McDonald's also has an indoor playground with a couple GameCube games for the bigger kids to play.

Additionally, Searcy has a McDonald's with a nice indoor playground, Conway has a Burger King by the first Wal-Mart with indoor playground, Benton and Bryant have places, and McDonalds has one on Camp Robinson Road.

Pizza and Fun

If your kids want to have pizza and also play electronic games, you might want to check out Cabot's Funtastics, North Little Rock's Pizza Hut PlayHut and Conway's Play World Pizza.

Funtastics is east about 2 miles after getting off the highway at the first Hwy. 5 Cabot exit. The Kids Magazine often has a coupon for $10 in free play. Unlike Chuckee-Cheese in North Little Rock, at Funtastics it is easy to keep an eye on toddlers since they have their own play area just for kids under age 6.

If you have all day to let the kids play, take a 30 to 45 minute road trip to Conway.

Located by the high school, Play World Pizza offers children under 12 a fun maze to climb in, a slide, play in ball pits, and even a horizontal wall climb. Admission is $2 on Tuesdays, and higher on other days.www.PlayWorldPizza.com.

Find a victim to watch the kids and go shopping at Conway's new Target, new T.J. Maxx, antique stores or other new stores because Play World Pizza also has a small selection of arcade games in its 11,000- square-foot building and a putt-putt golf course behind it. Check out www.PlayWorldPizza.Com for more information.

If you're in North Little Rock, you might want to check out Pizza Hut's PlayHut at the Camp Robinson Road and 47th Street-McCain Avenue intersection. You can sit on one side of a glass wall and watch your kids play on the other side in a mini-maze with three climbing towers, one slide and a tunnel connecting two sides.

Take a load off

After all the shopping and other running around, you might want to take a load off and go watch a movie.

At the second Cabot exit, you can catch a new movie for just $3 on Tuesdays (?) at the Silver Screen, or get free popcorn on Thursdays when you bring your own bowl. In the summer, the theater has previously offered early matinees of second-run movies for free with special deals on drinks and popcorn for the kids.

In the metro area, you also catch 50-cent movies, and first run movies at different movie theaters.

Free Movies

Many people think of libraries as just a place to get free books and do research. The local libraries have all that and more, from Story Time to lectures, and even free movies. Yes, free movies.

For children, the best place to check out is the kids section of North Little Rock's Laman Library (Www.Laman.net). Located on Pershing Blvd., the library is open seven days a week during winter and six in summer.

Want to expose your kids to the British Classics? The library has a series of animated movies that follow the basic themes for books such as "The Prince and the Pauper" and "Canterberry Tales." Additionally, the library must have between 750 and 1,000 videos, ranging from Barney, Sesame Street to old Disney classics like "The Absent Minded Professor" and "The Shaggy Dog," and also new ones like "The Princess Dairies" and the Harry Potter movies. They also have 200-400 DVDs, some new movies and others cartoons or educational.

The adult section also has a lot of video tapes, but most of them are educational like A&E and Profiles. However, the number of regular movies is growing with donations. They also have a small collection of old black-and-white horror movies from the 1930s and 1940s.

They have a few other modern VHS tapes.
They also have the start of a good DVD collection, with everything from educational shows to old classics like "Barefoot in the Park" with Robert Redford and a young Jane Fonda and old classics.

They also have newer DVDs like "Anger Management" and "Notting Hill" with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant plus relatively new ones like a James Bond collection, featuring Timothy Dalton in 1989's "License to Kill" plus others like "BeetleJuice" and "Star Wars." As of March 2008, the selection is GROWING still.

And, besides a lot of books, they also have kids and adult music CDs, ranging from Showtunes to Oldies, Country and Western, Jazz, and even new music.

You will need a photo Id and bill addressed to your current address to get a library card. If you get a library card for each member of your household and check out in the kids section, you can get 4 DVDs, 4 VHS tapes, and 4 CDs per library card. You can keep them for 2 weeks.

If you check out www.laman.net you can extend your checkout period unless someone has the item on reserve. You can browse for dvds and jdvds under call subject and reserve dvds and other items.

Other Free Movies

While the North Little Rock library is the best of kids, the Central Arkansas Library System, which includes the Sherwood and Jacksonville branches, also have VHS tapes. from a few new movies to alot of educational tapes. You can check them out for a week at a time but can renew several times unless someone has it on reserve. Fines are $1 per day!

For some stupid reason, the library system also has a series of old World War II movies such as "Tora Tora Tora" and "Bridges at River Kawi" at the airport library. You can go online and order the movies, and they will bring them out to the Jacksonville or Sherwood branch for you.

Educational and Fun

Want to let the kids have some fun where you won't be totally bored? Check out the Discovery Museum in the River market section of Little Rock. Get the grandparents to take the rug-rats or go down on the 2nd Sunday afternoon of the month, when it is free from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Check the web for details.

Depending upon your children and their ages, the McArthur Military Museum and Historic Arkansas, the old Territorial Restoration Museum, may enter and educate you and them. Watch for special events and attractions.

Special classes

Do you want your kids to learn how to do something? Then check out special classes offered around town. Michael's arts and crafts stores have Kids Clubs which meet from 10 a.m. to noon.

Additionally, Home Depot and Lowe's offer special Saturday morning classes about once a month on Saturdays.

Summer Fun Too

The summertime weather in the Tri-Suburbs can range from quite nice to awful hot and humid. But the area has lots to do when the weather is good for you. When it is too hot, check out many of the same activities that are listed above for the winter.

You can find many summer act ivies listed in this fine publication, the Kids Magazine, Family Magazine and other publications. Check out the Little Rock phone book for other things to do too.

Parks and playgrounds.

All three cities have good parks and playgrounds for the children to play in.

At Jacksonville's Dupree Park, the kids can play on a playground under trees, and ride their bicycles as you walk on a walking trail from the playground all the way to the back with its soccer fields, and little fishing pond with a fishing pier. Part of the trip is in the shade and the rest is sunny.

Additionally, young children will enjoy playing at North Little Rock's Burn Park. Besides playgrounds, including a Rocket slide, Burns Park has an old amusement park with a few rides for both young and old kids. Last year, an arm band to ride all day was $8 with a $2 off coupon often found in the Kids Magazine.

Summer Exercise

Does your preteen or teenage son need some exercise? If he likes going into the woods, you might want to check out T-Square Paintball on Toneyville Road in Jacksonville. They are normally open after noon on weekends and Friday nights during the summer.

There is also a paintball course in Mayflower and a new one at Gator Park in Little Rock.

All three cities and the air base have swimming pools for cooling off fun. Jacksonville has a new three-pool complex at Martin Street that has 2 semi-big slides plus a zero inch to 2.5 feet deep pool for babies..

If you have the money, you can also check out North Little Rock's Wild River Country or take a road trip to Hot Springs' Magic Springs/Crystal Falls.

(In other years, there have been a couple private picnic lakes with beaches, paddle boats, etc.In West Little Rock, Lake Nixon offers a summer camp and weekend fun too.)

Skateboarders can check out Jacksonville's ramps at the Community Center or the air base's at its baseball complex.

Camping Fun

Want to go camping without going too far away? Then check out the State Park in Otto, on North Highway 107. It has a small fishing lake with beach, camping spots, shower and bathroom, and hosts a bluegrass music festival and other events.

There are also camp grounds in North Little Rock and in West Little Rock off Highway 10/Cantrell Road.

Fore-anyone?

It's not Pebble Beach, but local putt-putt golf fans can enjoy a new course located on Highway 5, between Hwy 67/167 and Highway 89.

You can also check out putt-putt golfing at Burns Park across from the amusement park.

Or take a road trip to Hot Springs to enjoy other courses and go-cart racing when you're not at Magic Springs/Crystal Falls.

For older teens, there are several driving ranges and golf courses in the area.

The Leader has an ad in it for a new place in Beebe with supposedly an indoor putt-putt golf range and electronic amusements.

Organized Fun

Do you want to have your youngster involved in organized fun? Many of the large local churches have active youth groups that do organized activities with children.

Additionally, various groups have organized youth teams for soccer, football, baseball, softball, and basketball. Check with your local Parks and Recreation Department for more information.

Flea Markets and Antiques

One Man's junk is another's treasure. All the local stores have flea Markets and antique stores that are worth a look see on a cold or hot day when you don't have anything else to do.

West Little Rock Fun

Other places to go nearby in West Little Rock include:
--- Gator Park in SWLR, with putt-putt golf, go-cart races, bumper-boats, batting cages and a new paintball course.
---- Little Rock Climbing Center on Col. Glenn Road, for wall-climbing, 227-9500.
--- KidSports Fun and Fitness Club with Friday night Parent's Night Out for $15.
--- Kid's Galaxy at North Little Rock Athletic Club, 812-5555 ext. 307.
---- Down Under Center at Little Rock Athletic Club, 225-3600.
---- The Little Rock Zoo at War Memorial Park.
---- The IMAX theatre in LR has a Friday night special for $5 that gives a movie, small popcorn and small drink.

So, instead of going crazy as your kids bounce off the walls, just escape and get out of your house and do whatever interests you.
And when you're done, stop in or phone in an order to Papa Johns at 982-9111. Just don't forget to remember your hard-working driver with a good $5+ tip!
-30- ,

ok72076's photo
Sat 06/14/08 07:12 AM

Thanks for the info, OK, I have a pool in the back yard, but a museum would be a nice place to take the kids. I'll check into that.

(((Cleo))) I thought you lived in AR. I'm gonna check out the River Market. And my son told me they are having the Power Tour Car Show this weekend at the fairgrounds. I may try to check that out also.flowerforyou

Good morning Journey,
Jacksonville's Splash zone is more than just a pool. $5 and kids can enter and ride 2 semi tall slides and the little tots have their own slide and pool that goes from zero inches deep down to 2.5 feet. The tots pool basically has one of those school plastic playground equipment things. The big kids slide enters into its own recover pool. Then the big pool goes from 2.5 feet deep to 11 feet with a diving board. The adults have a "therapy" area in the pool with a corner that has a bench you sit on and hot water and air bubbles up around you. It has a blue cover on that section of the pool for shade.

Anyway, I'll be glad to be your local tour guide. :)

ok72076's photo
Thu 06/12/08 06:49 PM

Where are all the liberated Central Arknasas BBWs who can admit they have sexual needs want a long-term friends with Benefits relationship without "long term love" first?
Someone who wants a man to do things with, out of bed and in, without wasting tons of time and money to see if you're sexually compabatible.... ie oral sex or not, etc.

ok72076's photo
Tue 06/10/08 06:07 PM
$3.89 AT THE CHEAPEST IN jACKSONVILLE.
when will they investigate big oil.

ok72076's photo
Sun 06/08/08 05:10 PM

Hi another Arkie here too, stuck in Michigan right now can't wait to get back home, hi everyone

So what are u doing in Yankee Land and what keeps u from coming home?
keith
ex Texan, Ex Career overseas Army Brat

ok72076's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:51 PM

Anyone interested in joining another group and attending their party? Or having a party of Central Arkansans on this group?

Check out PlentyOfFish.com June 21 will be the 2nd party of Arkies 30 to 70. The party will be American Legion in downtown LR.

The first party was at Boogies in NLR.

ok72076's photo
Sat 06/07/08 07:39 AM
What was so wrong with Yankee land Illinois? A big city? Rude people?

By the way, you have cute cats. You can have mine ! She's mean.

ok72076's photo
Fri 06/06/08 05:55 PM
That's pretty good knowledge for someone down in La. You must have been local at one time.

How are things down there in the general Fort Polk area? DeRidder and Leesville still growing or are they dying?
Ex New Llano resident, 1971-76, a young teen..

ok72076's photo
Fri 06/06/08 05:52 PM
Unless you go into the Hood, every where in Central Ark. should be safe during the day and early evening.

If you're into sight-seeing, check out LittleRock.com. There's several museums, including several places that you can take rug rats to get them out of the house during the summer break. Email me privately if you want a lot of other places, depending upon how old the grandkids are.

There's bingo, Jax or cabot community centers to workout/swim at, Jax Splash Zone for kids pool fun in the summer, and various other bars/clubs.

Previous 1