Community > Posts By > francoyanine

francoyanine's photo
Mon 09/17/12 09:19 PM
I'm an American from Texas who resides in Chile due to my activities over there. I'm here all this semester on a scholarship doing advanced R&D in my thesis subject with a group at the faculty of Engineering. I'm a professional engineer(Chile) and a PhD candidate at PUC in Santiago.
The UW is a great place, pretty and with a great infrastructure, and I'm doing very good work but I am bored because I have nothing else to do. I know no one here, don't have a car and would love to know the town a little. I have only been to Toronto before attending conferences/congress in Mining. I love Canada and its people. I really like its racial diversity and nature. I have been offered work in Canada in the past but I have only worked in the US, Chile and two years in Mexico. I know almost all Latin America due to extensive travel in the past. Perhaps I should have accepted a job in Canada, would love to make friends and come back. I would like to meet women, go out sometime and have a drink at a bar somewhere or to go eating somewhere. I won't bite, I promise !! I'm just looking for good friendship and if I find someone I like it'd be even better.

Frank

francoyanine's photo
Mon 09/17/12 08:59 PM
Waterloo lonesome American