Community > Posts By > TVTVTV

TVTVTV's photo
Sat 09/08/12 07:58 AM

Sometimes I feel like it's impossible to date with social anxiety. I really don't want to be alone forever though, so i'm going to keep trying until I get it right. Is there anyone else out there who has social anxiety? or has dated someone with social anxiety?? any tips???ohwell

I know. I have high anxiety myself. I'm upfront and honest about it. Yes, it does affect the relationship and cause issues, but by being open and talking about it, most people have been able to work with me on it and understand it.
So there's hope? awesome!!

TVTVTV's photo
Fri 09/07/12 07:40 PM

Well heres what I use to do when it came to a situation like that. Simply just be yourself and who cares what other people think. I mean when I use to have conversations with other people and they use to give me that kind of "ok? Your wierd" kinda look and it use to get to me and I would stay quiet for the rest of the day. But with time, you start to realize that some people can just be jerks and they themselves are anti-social, therefore bringing you down. So heres the best thing to do, just forget what other people think and dont be afraid of what other people will say in return. If they wanna give you that kinda wierd vibe, theirs other people out there who are willing to conversate. So next time you have a conversation, kinda just practice by letting a lil more out lil by lil and your confidence will build, then after conversating with one person, take it up a notch and have a conversation with two people, and so on :) and when you conversate, if its with your parents or the person you like, just act as if they are just another person. :)
thanks, :)

TVTVTV's photo
Fri 09/07/12 11:55 AM
Thanks Everyone :)

TVTVTV's photo
Fri 09/07/12 04:41 AM
Edited by TVTVTV on Fri 09/07/12 04:44 AM

When social anxiety hits yu, how do you feel? Give me a lil senario so I can kinda understand nd help yu out a bit :)
It depends on how I'm feeling that day(my confidence) or who I'm talking to. If it's a good day or I feel like a person isn't judgmental I may be a little anxious like "what will I say next" or " how am I coming off to him/her", the social anxiety will still be there but not so extreme.If I'm speaking to authority, around a group of people or around someone I know is interested in me, or I'm interested in them I just get so awkward. It's annoying because when it's happening I realize it and I tell myself "you know chill out, it's not that serious" unfortunately the more I try to control it the worse the symptoms get.My physical symptoms are shaking(especially my hands), rapid heart beat (loud),I feel pressure on my chest,and just delayed response when it comes to speaking, my mind just goes blank.It's not always extreme but it's always there. There's more to it, but too much for me to explain.

TVTVTV's photo
Fri 09/07/12 04:24 AM

When he can't laugh at himself, grumpiness, whiny, hasn't found who he is as a person, mixed signals, fakes who arrange to meet up but never really follow through with it.
Girl Yes! mixed signals or not following through is so annoying, such a waste of time:angry:

TVTVTV's photo
Thu 09/06/12 07:56 PM

Kinda funny that you think only the FIRST time should be special. Losing your virginity should be no more special then any other time you share your self in the most intimate way with someone else.

Just like the first time you do anything. There is a learning curve. Virgin sex is just bad since you have no idea what you are doing. Experience and not being uptight about sex makes sex that much more enjoyable. Practice makes perfect.

Casual promiscuous sex is just bad. Holding out for marriage is also just bad.

There are just some people that you arent compatible with sexually. What a rude awakening that would be when you find out after you are married.

Would you buy a car and not drive it first? Would you buy a pair of shoes and not try them on first?
I never really thought about sexual chemistry before

TVTVTV's photo
Thu 09/06/12 07:52 PM
good point :)

TVTVTV's photo
Thu 09/06/12 06:41 PM
What celebrities do people say you look like/ favor??? I always get Raven Simone (olivia from the cosby show) or either Lisa Raye sometimes. What about you guys/gals?

TVTVTV's photo
Thu 09/06/12 04:16 PM
cool thanks. some people react as if being a virgin is taboo these days. It's easy to feel pressured to get it over with, but a lot of women say their first time wasn't even special. There really is no reason to rush if it's going to be meaningless.

TVTVTV's photo
Thu 09/06/12 03:55 PM
What do people really think when they find out someone they're interested in (dating) is a virgin? Is it a turn on or turn off?

TVTVTV's photo
Thu 09/06/12 03:47 PM
someone who's too perfect or expects me to be perfect.I can try to be the best "me" possible. But I can't be flawless, that's part of being human.

TVTVTV's photo
Thu 09/06/12 03:43 PM
Sometimes I feel like it's impossible to date with social anxiety. I really don't want to be alone forever though, so i'm going to keep trying until I get it right. Is there anyone else out there who has social anxiety? or has dated someone with social anxiety?? any tips???ohwell

TVTVTV's photo
Thu 09/06/12 02:07 PM
Hey everybody, I'm new here. I'm a pretty chill girl. This site seems pretty cool. Can't wait to see what happens :)