Thank you all for your responses. they have made me feel better

ktrnmaun's photo
Fri 02/22/08 03:04 AM

You have a beautiful heart. You'll find someone who deserves youflowerforyou

Thanks 4 that, i needed it

ktrnmaun's photo
Fri 02/22/08 02:56 AM
Edited by ktrnmaun on Fri 02/22/08 03:03 AM
I posted yesterday "need an honest guy to explain". the response i recieved was overwhelming. You taught and confirmed alot for me. the guy that i was talking 2 recently who just stopped replying or contacting me, was really the 1st man i have had any involvement with in about a year. I was in no way in love or heartbroken. I was angry. I will never be convinced that everyperson in this world deserves more respect and honesty, than 2 be ignored. This hurt my pride not my heart. I wrote about it yesterday 2 get different views and i guess confirm my feelings. I have been nervous about dating agian, and frankly was afraid that my past luck was largely do to my more giving/understanding/laid back personality. what the majority of the messages i recieved showed me, is that several people i have never met, and had only read what i wrote could accurately pin point these personality traits( ie. i am very transparent) lol

i have had multiple tragedies and let downs in life. I have always been determined not to sit in self pity, but believe that there was more waiting for me. I have always picked my self up, put my smile back on and say, it was a mistake. I have held goodness in my heart and belief and trust in people. I have never wanted 2 b angry,cynical, or untrusting. 2 realize that these things mixed with the wrong people have been a downfall for me is a little disturbing. Today i do feel like i have lost a little bit of me. I think men see me as someone who doesn't need or deserve basic respect. That I will not have in my life. I am worth more than that, i demand more than that for myself.

If you read various profiles and forums on here about what both men and women are looking for, you may see that many r exactly the same. The majority want someone honest, trustworthy, caring, a successful RELATIONSHIPS, WITHOUT GAMES. so maybe all men and women are not so different. Maybe these desired qualities in people are often overrlooked or not appreciated or maybe not noticed until it is to late.

I can not speak for men, I know what i am looking for as a woman. I have not personally met any other women who not looking for similar qualities in a partner.

Very simply women want to be loved. they want respect and to feel like they are important to you. they want to know you cherish them and that you think of them

ktrnmaun's photo
Thu 02/21/08 05:49 PM

Perhaps a pet!!:smile:

feeling a bit slow, a pet????? can u elaborate?

ktrnmaun's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:11 PM

I don't know you but from what I can tell, you're quick to smile and quite sensitive in nature, which are both wonderful and rare qualities. I suspect that you might also tend to sincerely look for the best in people. Again, both rare and wonderful.

You are very good at judging character, i could not have described myself better, Thank u for your reply

ktrnmaun's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:39 AM
so basically, i should learn 2 b a b@#$%, not trust any1, know it is all about sex and not have it. Maybe it is easier 2 stay single, lol

ktrnmaun's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:18 AM

I had a similar situation. I was talking to this guy for like a year we finally meet and he even asked me out. We would text and talk on the phone all the time. He told me all these sweet things and made plans about places we where gonna go together. And then out of nowhere I don't hear from him. He delete's me from his myspace without any explanation. I Really don't know why guy's or even some girls do that. My theory is that thier just not brave enough to tell us where not the one or thier not interested anymore. But why do they sugar coat it? saying all these sweet things and talking about the future and literally the next day they delete you. It just doesn't make sense...hmmmmmmmmm :confused:

U hear that women r complicated and men r so simple, not true. I think i would rather have someone make up stupid lame lie, than 2 ignore me and treat me like i dont matter

ktrnmaun's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:00 AM
Edited by ktrnmaun on Thu 02/21/08 03:12 AM

You sound alot like me. You treat people the way you'd want to be treated. Hang in there, the right one will come along. You deserve it!

unfortunately i married @ 19 to a mentally and physically abusive man. he had been part of my life since i was 13. We do sound alot alike

ktrnmaun's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:34 AM
no ironically I am Taurus

ktrnmaun's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:30 AM
i see what u r saying, thank you, all this honesty and advice is overwhelming. i really need 2 remove my rose colored glasses

ktrnmaun's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:27 AM

Thank u so very much Gypsy41 for your honesty, it is very refreshing. I do think very highly of myself, i just dont think people take the time 2 see my attributes. I have often told myself that I am 2 nice, that people just see it and take advantage. I guess i need to start thinking more about myself and my feelings than others
I have had alot of people try to take advantage of me for my kindness, but I let them know it is not a weakness for me it is a choice and it is wrong to take advantage of someone who is only big hearted. You do need to learn when you are to nice or people will never stop trying to take advantage of you.
I hope i have helped you a little bit. I am a big hearted person but i do not show alot of people for the reasons of knowing that they just might try and take advantage of me. I have been screwed over and hurt alot before i learned to hide the true me from alot of people until i get to know them better. I still show my heart alot but it is hard for me to trust others now.
Take Care.

u have helped me, i have spent my life being considerate, and I should have spent it learning who 2 b considerate to. I guess guys take 4 granted that I will just be here, when they r ready. I still believe i have a happy ending somewhere, I just think i need to change myself a little

ktrnmaun's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:15 AM

Am I invisible??? Or just give ****e advice???laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh :wink:

i am sorry, just cant type fast enough, yes another girlfriend crossed my mind, i really dont think it is phone problems

ktrnmaun's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:11 AM
Thank u so very much Gypsy41 for your honesty, it is very refreshing. I do think very highly of myself, i just dont think people take the time 2 see my attributes. I have often told myself that I am 2 nice, that people just see it and take advantage. I guess i need to start thinking more about myself and my feelings than others

ktrnmaun's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:03 AM
ok, i am not going to bore with with the sad details of my life. I will say that after my last hurtful divorce, i was determined not to date. I had settled in and was peaceful in just raising my kids. My dating stories all go the same way. I meet someone, like them, we have a great time, whether it b 1 date or a marriage, they walk away without any consideration 4 MY feelings. They begin seeing someone or get lonely, the next thing i know my phone is ringing. I hear the same thing over and over, I am sorry, did'nt relize what I had. In the end we become friends, talk often, because i am just the type that once u hurt me, and treat me like i am not important, i will forgive u, but forget a second chance. I am friends with every man i have ever dated. I talk daily to the man I just divorced. He calls last week and says we just had the wrong timing, calls 2 days ago 2 tell me he loves me. I feel sometimes he is trying 2 get me 2 wait on him to do what ever he wants until he is ready 2 settle down.

Anyway, i began talking to this guy, e-mail, phone, text(constantly). i was not sure i was ready 2 date agian, but i was just seeing what happened. We met, had a wonderful time, there was chemistry, we laughed, it was a great night. still the calls and messages continue. He is very sweet. I on the other hand, have a problem showing my feelings, til i really trust someone. I think sometimes i am often misunderstood. 3 days ago, we messaged all day. he talked about wanting 2 c me, and the usual sweet things, then all of the sudden i don't hear from him at all. I text a few times no response. I say he is probaably busy or something, then stil no response, so now i feel stupid for texting him, if in fact he just doesn't want 2 hear from me. But i dont know if that is it, because i have heard nothing. I think I have gotten myself back in anothr situation. Could he just be busy? Why is it that if a guy wants u to leave him alone, he cant just say, not interested, and just b honest. Not all women are physho. I am an adult, i can handel the truth. Is it wrong to believe i deserve the respect of someone being open and honest?

2 Next