Community > Posts By > Remarkable

Remarkable's photo
Thu 09/03/20 09:22 AM

It's a scam! Stay away from them!

People asking you to invest in a crypto might be (are probably) a scam but cryptocurrency and the principles that many cryptocurrencies operate under are not.

A 'cryptocurrency' is a digital currency (form of money) with many of them being based on POW 'proof of work' algorithms which require substantial fixed capital investment as well as variable operating and continued labor costs in order to obtain them.

This means that significant amounts of capital are expended in order to obtain the cryptocurrency thereby establishing the cost basis of the digital currency.

POW cryptocurrency coins are not created out of 'thin air' as many suggest but have a real and tangible basis that is required in order to obtain them. Caution: This concept holds true for POW coins but is not true for other coins such as Ethereum tokens where the coins are or can be created from 'thin air' so one has to be careful and understand the underlying fundamental basis of each particular cryptocurrency being examined.

It takes serious research to understand all of the nuances of the different currencies and my 'non legal non financial' suggestion would be to get a bitcoin wallet by yourself (you can do this multiple ways) and buy some bitcoin through one of the publicly available markets.

Billions of USD worth of bitcoin are traded each day ($12,073,300,340 as of the last 24 hours) so there is substantial liquidity in the markets as well.

Get your own wallet, purchase some bitcoin from a market, and then you can trade your bitcoin independently when and how you wish. Lastly, there are 1000's of cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is by far the largest with ~59.02% of the total monetary value of all cryptocurrencies being held in Bitcoin right now so if you are looking for exposure this could be one route. I hope this helps begin to explain the topic.

Remarkable's photo
Sat 08/22/20 12:46 PM
Texas... Houston we have a problem...

Remarkable's photo
Sat 08/22/20 12:08 PM
Thank you for your time and attention Riverspirit1111. The first and second have been taking care of already. I will look into the rest of your comments and blend your suggestions into my profile.. much appreciated.. Thanks again..

Remarkable's photo
Sat 08/22/20 11:37 AM
Edited by Remarkable on Sat 08/22/20 11:38 AM

Although I think your profile is ok, there are a few points that are less than desirable. First, remove the Not Sending $ from tagline. That is for the less than honest people who will not care about whether that is there or not. Second, in your write up under (You) where you say you are looking for above average intelligence. That is a slam towards women who are not above average. Third - in your write up under (Rules). You don't give demands to women or that will drive them away. Remove that part.

Thank you very much Poetrywriter for the attention to detail and the honest response... i will put those suggestions in the bin... and will more then likely implement them. Your points are well taken and can be "gently" discussed or uncovered in the first conversation or two... Thx and I was laughing as reading... btw.. thanks again. and i just saw.. i should have posted this as a reply.. i am fairly new here .... so forgive me...

Remarkable's photo
Sat 08/22/20 11:15 AM
This seems like it could be a fun... yes i will laugh occasionally as i read the replies ... and possibly an insightful and productive exercise...

so take a look and give me feedback.. male or female... both are good.. as he says with a smile on his face... :)

just don't slap me... is all i ask..