Community > Posts By > hoosiergirl

no photo
Thu 02/21/08 06:21 AM
Edited by hoosiergirl on Thu 02/21/08 06:24 AM
anoasis:

I'm sorry to hear how your family was treated at such a time, especially from a group who meant to be a support for all of you. You're right on the mark though when you said "I'm sure churches are just like any other group of people- a mix of good and bad".

Here is to warm lunches with encouraging friends!

Hooshgirl

no photo
Thu 02/21/08 06:06 AM

This is the thing that I have noticed over the years.
I am voting for you finding a small church group. You certainly will be missed in such a group.

Art

Art: Thanks for your input, and I agree. It does seem that the focus is sometimes lost when organizations become successful. What irony, to have the focus it takes to succeed, only to lose once successful?

Have a great day!

Hooshgirl

no photo
Sat 02/16/08 04:43 PM

Hi All -

Ugh, I hate it don't you? After 3 years of what I thought was home.

Have a super night.

Hoosiergirl

Wow I haven't ever heard of that before...Is it a big place where you live?
If so you can look online. If I were you, I would try to find a good undenominational church.

Sorry that happened to you.
Good Luck flowerforyou

Thanks :) Not a huge city, but it's largest church in town, a mega church. It is nondenominational. Need to get back to a smaller church.

no photo
Sat 02/16/08 04:14 PM
Hi All -

Ugh, I hate it don't you? After 3 years of what I thought was home.

A dear friend died; I used to pray with him a lot at the alter. I just couldn't go for a few weeks, I kept missing him so. That's when I noticed the hugs at the door weren't the same, the "how glad we are to see you" stopped. I stayed away a few months and then got a call from the membership mentor that they would going to have to "cancel my membership" since I hadn't been there for a while. *wow*

I know the church is filled with only flawed people, all at different milestones in their walk with Christ.. I don't expect perfection... just sincerity and genuine. I want the smiles to actually reach the eyes, know what I mean? genuine.

So, I'll pray and trust that I'll find a 'good fit', not looking for perfect. I'll keep with my Bible, and daily converations with God.

We people are sure something else ;) Thank God He's more patient with us than we are with each other.

Have a super night.

Hoosiergirl

no photo
Thu 02/14/08 06:10 PM

over the last week have heard from 3 nigerins 4 russians. where are the gals close to home, the ones I might actually like to date.flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

Be careful... I was nearly targeted by the "nigerian love scam", but something didn't feel right. I googled "love scams" and found sample emails almost word for word to some I received. If the email starts off calling you Angel, or honey and they're anxious to get you off board onto personal email or chat, shut 'em down. Just trust your gut!

Hoosiergirl

no photo
Thu 02/14/08 05:11 PM
Hikerchick:

I sure hope they wouldn't, they would be wrong if they did!

HG

no photo
Thu 02/14/08 05:07 PM
Greeting from Terre Haute, Indiana.

GO HOOSIERS
GO COLTS too! Ok, they went this year... :wink:

HG

no photo
Thu 02/14/08 05:00 PM
LLL14,

As a parent I would first tell her how proud of her I was that she stopped and hope she was comfortable enough to speak with me about the cutting, if not, I would suggest that she speak with a trusted friend's parent or a school counselor.

Cutting doesn't mean the person is a "bad person", it just means he or she has some pretty heavy stuff going on inside..and talking with someone is a pretty great way to start getting it out in a healthy way.

Even the strongest of us need a soft place to land some of the time.

God Bless and hang in there.

HoosierGirl

no photo
Thu 02/14/08 06:29 AM
Sapphiremind

Thanks for some new ideas for the care packages. I'll add these items along with the cookies and the SI Swimsuit edition!

As I said to Armyguy, thank YOU for your service.

HoosierGirl

no photo
Thu 02/14/08 06:27 AM
Armyguy:

Thank you for your note. It is a brotherhood, one of which I know those of us who haven't walked in your boots will really ever understand.

Thank you for YOUR service.

HoosierGirl

no photo
Wed 02/13/08 03:55 PM
POINT THE WAY!

Hi everyone -

I'm new to JSH, and this seems like a pretty friendly place. I've been enjoying reading the forums and thought I'd post a new topic.

This one is for any of you out there who have family or friends who recently deployed with the IANG 76th Infantry Brigade. It may be nice to have a place to come chat about our men and women and the families they leave behind.

My 19 y.o. son joined the men and women of the 76th on the floor of the RCA Dome on 2 January for the big send off... and what a send off it was! *wow*

We are gearing up for a trip to Ft. Stewart, GA for their 4-day leave at the end of the month. Mom's care package will consist of *many* boxes of Girl Scout Cookies.

Anyway, to all of us for the next year (plus): prayers, strength, and pride. HOOAH!!

HoosierGirl