Community > Posts By > newtowner

no photo
Fri 08/17/12 07:04 PM

I think any online community is essentially the same. I personally love social situations and that is part of why I enjoy the forums here. I belong to other online communities as well, not to find a date but to meet new people. I have met a lot of people. One of my closest friends is a woman I met on Sisterwoman,com We actually do get together in real life although our friendship started online. It has been about 6 years now. She is on my face book.

Answer this, are you more inclined to add a person of the same sex to your Facebook than the opposite sex? I know many of you minglers have added each other on Facebook. Are they same sex friends only?

I'm new so I have not added anyone yet.
I would imagine, many man will not add other man from mingle... just me? lol No I will not add some guy grabbing his dick on his profile to my FB.

no photo
Fri 08/17/12 07:01 PM

I say who cares, it's a good way to see who they are and you can block them at anytime. Facebook and mingle are no different in my opinion. Unless you are some really fake person on here and you are hiding your true identiy.

I agree with this.

I have lots of Mingle forum friends on my Facebook. If something goes wrong you can just delete them.

Very small number of odd people do exist and they do take advantage of you when you least suspect them of evil. Been there and experienced once. Now I am still open minded... but open up easily. =b Perhaps I don't learn from my $60,000.00 and a permanent scar experience. I just wish you all luck and practice some caution. =)

All in all, enjoy what we have! =)

no photo
Thu 08/16/12 06:26 PM
Hey everyone!

Let's plan some get together!
I feel that it's easier to meet up if in small groups.

What do you think?

no photo
Thu 08/16/12 06:23 PM
Anyone from Winnipeg MB?
I'm downtown!!!

no photo
Thu 08/16/12 06:06 PM

So not gonna happen... who wants to have 2 facebook pages?

Someone under a government protection program?
Or just plain paranoid? lol

no photo
Wed 08/15/12 02:12 AM

I say who cares, it's a good way to see who they are and you can block them at anytime. Facebook and mingle are no different in my opinion. Unless you are some really fake person on here and you are hiding your true identiy.

I think there is a big difference because facebook is much more detailed, with much more references to people who know you , where you live, where you went to school,,etc,,, plus people probably speak more openly on their OWN Facebook page than in these social forums where most dont even participate in these threads and are in mixed company when they do,,,

Exactly!!!!

no photo
Wed 08/15/12 01:54 AM

Marriage shows true commitment, regardless of virtue, I wouldn't want to be in a long term relationship with someone who always has one foot out the door ready to escape. In my own opinion people do not get married for that reason, they feel "just in case" they won't have to worry about the hassles of divorce and they can just part ways. This is like saying they don't have total faith in the relationship and are ready to split at the first sign of conflict rather than working together to stay together.

From personal experience, I dare say you are more virtuous than most women I've met, especially my latest ex. Most girls I meet lately have no virtue, no faith, no perseverance what-so-ever. Is it just me? Some men do seek a relationship in marriage. (But I admit, I would not be able to continue the relationship without a wet vagina in the equation.!!!) Lol!!! All these words from a recent experience... really...

no photo
Tue 08/14/12 11:24 PM

To me, i'd say it all depends on how you've managed your FB Account. If there is anything you think you don't want the world to see in the first place, DON'T put it up on Facebook, Linkedin or any other networking site!
Though with proper management of your privacy settings, you can decide on who sees what! And if you're observant enough, you can decide who see what, using the dropdown button by the Post box. :-)
To me, these are my online faces to the world, and so, if there is anything that i feel is private, it wouldn't be out there in the first place :-) But if you feel you have some really private stuff you aren't ready to share with ur new found friend, don't add them on FB until you get to know each other better! If they are for real, they'd be understanding with ur point of view. :-) If i intend getting serious with you, i'd take all d time in the world to win ur confidence to the point you wouldn't have anything to fear with sharing ur private stuff with me :-)

This is also true....hmmm...

no photo
Tue 08/14/12 11:20 PM

Me thinks... Yes and no. FB does contain more intimate info that you may forget to manage and cause you some issues. For example, I personally deleted my ex- pix and comments. Somehow my friend put up some pix with comments on them prior to our break up and never erased (just like I don't clean up my friend's past life on my FB). That nearly ended my relationship once, and ladies don't lie about jealousy~ lol

no photo
Tue 08/14/12 11:15 PM

I've been googled and stalked on facebook a few times so nay for me. Too much private info on there to be seen before actually meeting.

You must be a confident person with beauty that others appreciate then. I doubt that I will have a stalker. lol

Yes to the first part. bigsmile Just a warning, saying that is like a death wish. Especially if you're a trusting fool. :tongue:

Thanks~ now I am a trusting fool~ XD

no photo
Mon 08/13/12 10:35 PM

I've been googled and stalked on facebook a few times so nay for me. Too much private info on there to be seen before actually meeting.

You must be a confident person with beauty that others appreciate then. I doubt that I will have a stalker. lol

no photo
Mon 08/13/12 10:34 PM

I friended a guy on Facebook before going on a date. I didn't see the big deal of it personally as its not like I would put anything incriminating on there about myself. I also do delete older timelines so he would only see the present timelines anyways.

I am a bit lazy with cleaning up past posts and pictures. Sorta suveniers... new person has to accept the whole of me. (Of course nothing provocative on my page though. =)

no photo
Mon 08/13/12 10:32 PM
Haha I completely agree with your traditional progression of things. XD

no photo
Mon 08/13/12 10:30 PM
Well, no expectations are where I am aiming at the moment. At least this person added me back. We'll see where this goes. =)

no photo
Mon 08/13/12 10:29 PM
Thanks for the info. Most of my things are friends only so I am okay with giving my page for the most part. Thanks again.

no photo
Mon 08/13/12 10:07 PM

Would you ever kiss someone the first date?

If I really like her and I feel that I am not being pushed away... I'd steal her lips. Yes I am selfish but it gives jitters/butterflies. Done this twice and both times the relationship did happen. Now, you need to understand that I am a very modest person who does not have easy time holding hands unless my thick head can tell the feelings are mutual. laugh

no photo
Mon 08/13/12 12:07 AM

Hey all . I'm new to mingle2 . And I'm looking for friends and possibly someone to make my own . I need help figuring this out . Lol . Help me please

Just like a real thing. It takes to time to get to know it. It takes time to enjoy it. Spend some time exploring. Enjoy!

no photo
Mon 08/13/12 12:04 AM
Happy to be a single. Then again, I just know I will be happier being whole again. =)

no photo
Sun 08/12/12 11:55 PM
Hi everyone. I have recently been requested by other members to open up my facebook page to them before connecting by any means of communication. (No chatting, no texts, no calling, no dates... etc.)

I did open up to the request, and now I feel a bit vulnerable here. It does contain much of my life and it does show everything from my family to close friends including my job situations.

I do hope that there will be a response from this person, or at least a comment about it afterwards if not opening up their facebook page.

What are your thoughts on timing the facebook? First message? First date? A few dates after? Never?

Cheers all.

no photo
Sun 08/12/12 10:38 PM
I really haven't thought about this topic as cell phone addiction is deep within me. Plus I have not gone on dates much.

But, remembering my days when I did go on dates, no txt, no messenger, but did answer calls upon excusing myself to make sure it wasn't an emergency. So, I do agree that it is rude to frequently text while on conversation with a person you are interested in.

Let me play a devil's advocate here:
What if, I am on-call, due to work, but also would like to meet you since I cannot think of anything else but you since the first date. (Even possibly the first date after a few convo online.) Personally, I would ask if that is okay with you first, and would meet up.

What do you think of this? Still rude?:tongue: