Community > Posts By > Skew4w3

Skew4w3's photo
Sun 01/27/08 05:59 AM
Edited by Skew4w3 on Sun 01/27/08 06:00 AM
Change your site typography so everything isn't bold, maybe make it all smaller too, and use a font like Arial/Helvetica/"Trebuchet MS" (the most legible ones).

As for the method to bring money in, AdSense is perfect for making it, just don't do anything shady (don't click your own ads, don't tell others to, etc). There are alternative methods to AdSense and PPC, but unless you have millions of pageviews p/m, you technically don't have access to them... and don't bother with Bidvertiser, AdBrite or any other second-rate ad networks (at least not until you get everything else down).

Learn SEO -- go to digitalpoint or highranking forums and suck up every bit of information you can read... write it down so you remember it. How much valuable information those places spew out daily is taken for granted.

When you finally get to the point of advertising your content on other's sites (be it forums, blogs, whatever), always give something back. In a world filled with folks trying to take something for nothing, your extra effort will earn respect that will benefit you in many big ways.

And the most important (and hardest) part, content. Make sure that whatever you write is good enough that you'd be happy to find it for the first time yourself. Also, make sure you have something new every week, or every 2 weeks, or month, whatever, as long as your visitors know they can come back and find new stuff at a certain time.

Hopefully the above can get you headed in... a direction (although there's so many others you could start in).

Skew4w3's photo
Sun 01/27/08 05:13 AM
Edited by Skew4w3 on Sun 01/27/08 05:14 AM
In general there's a reason behind the habit. I used to bite my nails really bad in highschool and finally realized it was just due to really bad stress (when it would come on the worst, I'd bite). After I got over what was stressing me out, 98% of it stopped and never came back.

But in the rare case it's not something like the above, you might try replacing it with another habit, such as... uhh, christ I don't know, biting your tongue or scratching your hand, or something that won't degrade your appearance.