Community > Posts By > takeitin8

takeitin8's photo
Fri 08/17/12 08:10 PM
He migt just be respectful, maybe shy, maybe something else. The only way to really know is to ask.Don't be shy yourself, maybe he is just waiting for you to make the fist move. I am57 and if the opportunity arises so will I, but then everyone is different. Tell him how you feel. Be stright to the point about what you feel and expect the same in return. If there is one thing I have learnt in this life is that too many people are afraid to tell the truth about what they feel. Tell himwhat you feel and want. The worst is you find out it is not mutual before you invest more time looking for something that isn't there. The bestthing is you find what you want. Good luck!

takeitin8's photo
Thu 08/16/12 01:21 PM
PacificStar48 has made some very good points and some good advice. I have spent many years counselling children, youth and their families for a variety of reasons. There are many things for anyone to take into consideration when coping with seperation and or loss issues. Foremost is that of how you, yourself deal with it. Another very important and crucial thing is as PC48 pointed out is that your decision to develop another relationship (no matter to what degree) be your decision. Of course you will factor in the feelings of others when you make that decision, but it is yours and yours alone to make.
Another area that is of concern is what is the basis for your child(ren) statement. This is an area that is very important as well. The severity of its importance is relational to the age of the child, his or her relationship with the father and others, what is happening recently in the child's life, There are no simple answers except that of creating relationships with all based upon honestand truthful communication. Again before you make any decisions regarding your life and relationships, make sure you are aware of the repercussions and concequences of those decisions. But bottom line is that YOU make those decisions.