Community > Posts By > ihatehighfives

ihatehighfives's photo
Fri 07/04/08 07:42 AM
yeah, the ACLU be filled with many dumb people. i can't wait to get me and my kids some guns so we'd can shoot **** up. i also can't wait til we's can bring our guns anywheres we want, like mcdonald's and such. that will be great day of victory over our god given rights to shoot **** and, who knows, maybe some people along the way!

ihatehighfives's photo
Sat 04/19/08 07:54 AM
what about the fake smurfs, the snorkels? not a great show, but i remember it. happy

ihatehighfives's photo
Sun 03/16/08 08:41 AM
yeah they best not take my guns i need em to protect my land and kill people...

ihatehighfives's photo
Sat 02/09/08 06:07 PM
hi hi hi. this is good and you can just use tofu for a protein source. it seems weird to add raisins, but it's good!

Couscous Salad
INGREDIENTS

* 2 cups water
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/3 cups couscous
* 1/3 cup raisins
* 1/3 cup walnuts
* 1/4 cup lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
* 6 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 carrots, grated
* One 1 1/2-pound piece cooked turkey, cut crosswise into thin strips
* 5 ounces arugula, tough stems removed, leaves washed and chopped (about 3 cups)

DIRECTIONS

* In a medium saucepan, bring the water and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt to a boil. Stir in the couscous and raisins. Cover, remove from the heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer the couscous and raisins to a large bowl to cool.
* Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, toast the walnuts over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Or toast the nuts in a 350° oven for 10 minutes. Remove the nuts from the pan and chop them.
* In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Add the oil slowly, whisking.
* Toss the carrots, the toasted nuts, the turkey, the arugula and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt with the cooled couscous. Toss the salad into the dressing.
* Variations: Substitute three cups of shredded watercress or spinach leaves for the arugula.
* Wine Recommendation: It may surprise you to learn that Germany and Austria make good red wines, racy with brilliantly pure berry flavors. Look for Germany’s dornfelder or Austria’s Zweigelt for a brisk change of pace.

ihatehighfives's photo
Mon 02/04/08 04:10 PM
o look! what do you know?

Five dead in Chicago shooting tragedy

Click on thumbnail to view image

« Previous
« Previous
Next »
Next »

View Gallery
By Joanna Vallely
FIVE women were shot dead in a clothes store in Chicago and police were last night still searching for the suspected gunman.
Police discovered the victims when they were called to the Lane Bryant store at the Brookside Marketplace shopping centre in the southern suburb of Tinley Park.

The incident, for which police said they have yet to establish a motive, happened at about 10.45am (4.45pm GMT).

"Every store was immediately canvassed and a search by air, too, has given us every indication that the offender has left the scene," said Police Sgt T J Grady

He said police were looking for a black man about 5ft 9in tall and weighing 230 to 260 pounds, dressed in a blac
k waist-length winter coat, a black cap and black jeans.

The shooting is the latest in a series of mass killings that have shocked the United States, where gun ownership is widespread and the right to possess arms is a fiercely contested constitutional issue.

In December a teenage gunman killed eight people in a shooting rampage at a department store in Nebraska.

High school drop-out Robert Hawkins, 19, who had recently broken up with his girlfriend, then turned the rifle on himself. He was found dead by police on the third floor of the Van Maur store in Omaha, Nebraska.

The deadliest shooting spree in modern US history occurred in April last year when a student killed 32 people and then himself at Virginia Tech university

After murdering his first two victims, Cho Seung-Hui, 23, returned to his dormitory room and sent a rambling account of grievances in a video to NBC.

The full article contains 281 words and appears in Scotland On Sunday newspaper.
Last Updated: 03 February 2008 12:40 AM

ihatehighfives's photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:48 AM
thank you thank you thank you, Jistme.

as far as an amendment right to bear arms, psh. it is like in school or at home, one rotten apple spoils the bunch. how many kids and people need to be killed before someone says, "enough"?

it doesn't matter what i think anyways. all of you with your super great loaded guns ready to kill, cuz by god, it is your right will have your way. and with all those rights came all the guns that this country will never get rid of. it is a lost cause on my part.

as far as the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" line of reasoning... how easy/cowardly is it to pull a trigger compared to, stabbing someone with a knife? guns are easy and quick. it's pretty tricky to do a drive by stabbing? and how many knives bust through windows killing innocent people?

ihatehighfives's photo
Sat 02/02/08 07:22 PM
um, no thank you.

ihatehighfives's photo
Sat 02/02/08 03:17 PM
ok, that is 1 instance. and hmm HE HAD ACCESS TO A GUN TO BEGIN WITH.

ihatehighfives's photo
Sat 02/02/08 03:13 PM
regular people should not have them. OBVIOUSLY the military needs them. use your brain.

and also, how many instances have people used guns "for protection" and actually gotten out of harmful situations compared to all the times people have killed themselves, or killed someone else who was innocent??? give me those stats with good outweighing the bad and THEN i'll say SURE. LAME back at you.

ihatehighfives's photo
Sat 02/02/08 03:03 PM
i hate guns. they should be banned.

ihatehighfives's photo
Sat 02/02/08 03:01 PM
"He's just not that into you."