Community > Posts By > RealtorRob

RealtorRob's photo
Sun 07/15/12 08:56 AM
Ya the worst part is I am 33, and been told I look younger so I am able to attract younger women. However it seems like the ones who are not my type will approach me or at least give me the eyes to approach them! As for the women I am attracted to, Nothing! not a smile, no eye contact, not even a signal, and if I approach them, no hope!

I know looks is not everything but who is gonna lie and say it doesn't stand for something? You need to be attracted to someone physically in order to like them as well. I need someone I am drawn to by the eyes as well as the heart. I just find that in this area most of the prettier women all tend to either go for tall and rich, bad boy types, or the ugly below average looking guys who (we all think must have money, be a sweetheart, or have a big #*&@&#) I personally think, it is those attractive women who are just insecure about themselves and if they date a good looking guy they automatically think he is going to cheat. So does that mean she is a gold digger in our eyes bcaue she is gorgeous and can get any guy she wants?

I feel that people out there WILL judge someone by how they look, because there are great looking guys out there who are nice and are not full of themselves or cheat. I guess those ones I like tried the bad boys/good looking types who cheatted on them before, and now they are going for a less the avrage looking guy bcause of that past experience. Then again, they probally met them at bars/clubs and that is where you will meet a douchbag who lies and cheats, and is in it for the one time. So what did she expect?!

I think I will be alone for the rest of my life unless I settle for someone!

RealtorRob's photo
Sat 07/14/12 04:31 PM
Hi I'm Rob! I am not new to online dating but new to Mingle. I have to say, I live in Mississauga (Suberb of Toronto Canada.)
Maybe it is just me but does anyone agree that the people in this city and area sem to be very rude, unfriendly, and unapproachable unlike any other city? Hold the door for someone and they walk right by not thanking you! Look at someone and smile and they turn around and walk away as if you are a stalker or crazy nut job. Remember, I am not ugly or weird looking so I shouldn't be finding it hard to meet people in person, yet most girls here always reject men, or at least me! Many only care about a guys height! Even girls as short as 5'2 all want 6 feet or taller. I am 5'8 and still think this should be a problem unless the girl is already taller then me. Yet so many shallow and superficial girls in this area are like that! How much you make or what you do is the first inquiry on their mind, and not your name or culture. Online dating is really no different, many people here fresh out of relationships not knowing what or who they want! Usually end up wasting time, playing games, or just on for the attention (ego boosts) a free dinner, or even just sex. I once upon a time use to be optomistic but now bcome very much the opposite with the dating scene. Bars clubs, NO thanks! this generation has fallen miserably, Guys may act bad too but maybe its a product of womens behaviours, why put in so much effort when she will end up making the final decision with who she meets, and then it becomes all a chase game after that with the other guys competing.