Community > Posts By > Guitardid

Guitardid's photo
Wed 02/20/13 12:47 AM
Wed 02/20/13 12:43 AMYou're right! Writing a song can be really hard. With that said I have had some of my best songs that seemed to have written themselves. My suggestion to you would be start with either the words or the music. Don't try to write them at the same time. Write from your heart, don't get too rhyme rhyme. Try and keep the music upbeat if you choose to start with the music. If you have some old poems see if you can restructure them to fit the mood and beat of your music. My last bit of advise is don't let other people tell you what kind of song you should write. Don't pigonhole yourself. It doesn't have to be any known style it just has to sound good to you.(at first, later you may want others to like it as well.) I'm sure you will do fine. There is nothing like creating music. It's magic. Good luck.

Guitardid's photo
Wed 02/20/13 12:43 AM
You're right! Writing a song can be really hard. With that said I have had some of my best songs that seemed to have written themselves. My suggestion to you would be start with either the words or the music. Don't try to write them at the same time. Write from your heart, don't get too rhyme rhyme. Try and keep the music upbeat if you choose to start with the music. If you have some old poems see if you can restructure them to fit the mood and beat of your music. My last bit of advise is don't let other people tell you what kind of song you should write. Don't pigonhole yourself. It doesn't have to be any known style it just has to sound good to you.(at first, later you may want others to like it as well.) I'm sure you will do fine. There is nothing like creating music. It's magic. Good luck.